G&L legacy - I'm finally home.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:31 pm

When I was 12 (1969) I bought an old used strat from the classified ads for $100.00. I ended up selling it to buy a Les Paul (blame Jimmy Page) but in my old age (55) I was searching (on a budget) for a great strat like the one I let get away. Nothing felt right till I grabbed this used G&L Legand for 7 bills. WOW!!! Back to my first love. :banana: So expressive, nothing quite like it.
Last edited by zandurian on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: G&L legacy - I'm finally home.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:27 pm

zandurian wrote:When I was 12 (1969) I bought an old used strat from the classified ads for $100.00. I ended up selling it to buy a Les Paul (blame Jimmy Page) but in my old age (55) I've was searching (on a budget) for a great strat like the one I let get away. Nothing felt right till I grabbed this used G&L Legand for 7 bills. WOW!!! Back to my first love. :banana: So expressive, nothing quite like it.

Welcome! :wave:

Congrats on scoring a G&L Legacy. Please do post a photo of your Legacy,
because it does not exist without pictures! :searching:

For info on posting photo, see Welcome! Read This First.

:ugeek:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:41 am

Pics here: viewtopic.php?f=118&t=6437

To date this thing I finally took the neck off and was surprised - it's dated Jan. 7 1997. Surprised because it is in near mint condition and so I assumed it to be fairly new. Someone didn't play this thing much!

Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:29 am

Hey zandurian!
Love your Legacy! real nice gtr! I have the same finish in a legacy special and CAN NOT PUT IT DOWN~!!!
Have fun you got a great ax there!
Steve

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:50 am

zandurian wrote:When I was 12 (1969) I bought an old used strat from the classified ads for $100.00. I ended up selling it to buy a Les Paul (blame Jimmy Page) but in my old age (55) I've was searching (on a budget) for a great strat like the one I let get away. Nothing felt right till I grabbed this used G&L Legand for 7 bills. WOW!!! Back to my first love. :banana: So expressive, nothing quite like it.

congrats on coming home. see hwta happens when you let inferior guitar players influence your purchases? :mrgreen:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:39 pm

louis cyfer wrote:

congrats on coming home. see hwta happens when you let inferior guitar players influence your purchases? :mrgreen:

LOL Inferior!!!!!Sometimes you make me LAUGH!! :happy0065:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:20 pm

You are right. That Page guy is going nowhere. I saw your videos, Mr. Cypher: they seemed rushed and without any feel. Like two styles of music being forced together. I'd say Page is better. That's Betty Page.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:27 pm

replyman wrote:You are right. That Page guy is going nowhere. I saw your videos, Mr. Cypher: they seemed rushed and without any feel. Like two styles of music being forced together. I'd say Page is better. That's Betty Page.

i didn't mean me, i meant the superior players of that period, like blackmore.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:52 pm

Ok. That makes sense. As per your music, if you can grasp the relaxing and feeling thing I'm talking about you'd become a much better player. Maybe even great. Really. Your skill level is way up there.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:59 pm

louis cyfer wrote:

Gotta' say - in some ways Hendrix was greater for sure, well ... in lots of ways, well don't want to start out with a subjective war of talent but suffice to say, the strat and it's early proponents are very very... errrr... memorable as well as some 60's LP players (should I be a politician or what??? :lolno: )

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:10 pm

louis cyfer wrote:i didn't mean me, i meant the superior players of that period, like blackmore.
Well, I didn't listen to Blackmore till '72 or so - after my strat was long gone. I did play machine head until the needle practically wore through the vinyl though. Much more of a dynamic live player than Page yet I love much of what Page did in the studio. Great production sense. Still, Hendrix is above them all in my view - probably because He was the first to blow up my mind.