hey ALL.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:04 am

Finally got around to signing up to the new board. Was known as Paul Piche on the old board. Been hanging around since 2007 after I bought my first G&L. Never heard of them before then so it's been a fun couple years discovering, learning about and playing them. Down to three right now, always GASing for something else but mainly am daydreaming about wiring my Z-coils in different ways.. if only I had wiring skills..!

Re: hey ALL.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:27 pm

Welcome aboard Paul!
Nice guitar in your avatar. What color is that??

Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:26 pm

Welcome to the new digs, Paul.

Hey Shawn - I'm gonna take a guess that's Lake Placid Blue. Am I right Paul?

Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Yes Sir, Darth. Lake Placid Blue. A somewhat crappy phone camera photo but I enjoy the convenience of being able to email myself the photos from the phone and go from there rather than having to hook up my digital camera to my computer.

Thanks for the compliment, Shawn. I've read on another board that it was a big 'no no' to put a tortoise shell guard on Lake Placid Blue but I am digging it. And actually, my inspiration was photos of the G&L Rustic Legacy that I've seen that was done the same way. The mint green guard it came with looked good too.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:48 pm

pico peachy wrote:Yes Sir, Darth. Lake Placid Blue. A somewhat crappy phone camera photo but I enjoy the convenience of being able to email myself the photos from the phone and go from there rather than having to hook up my digital camera to my computer.

Thanks for the compliment, Shawn. I've read on another board that it was a big 'no no' to put a tortoise shell guard on Lake Placid Blue but I am digging it. And actually, my inspiration was photos of the G&L Rustic Legacy that I've seen that was done the same way. The mint green guard it came with looked good too.

Hi Paul,

Welcome our new digs :mrgreen:
Hope you will like it here. And when you get a chance, register your Comanche on the G&L Registry.
I do like that color and the pickguard combination. :sign0011:

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:01 pm

Hey Craig, initially I missed the old board but I am warming up to the new one...especially now that it's green and black!

My Comanche isn't registered? Dang, I usually take care of that right away! I will do that right now!

Thanks!