hello from NJ

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:44 am

Greetings all,

I’ve been play for quite some time – always loved guitars and cars. So here I am, an Architect from NJ into all kinds of music. I acquired my first G&L a couple weeks ago. It’s a Legacy Tribute Blueburst (trade a MIM Strat for it) – I am quite pleased to say the least – It was nicely set up by a local NJ’er named Doug – guitar plays PERFECT. It really channels “Lowell George” – wow – I love it. I have plenty of fiddles to choose from Fender, Epi, Gibson, Squier, Brian Moore, Ibanez, 1 off Customs etc……Love ‘em all (a Chevy guy who likes Ford too – so I’ve grown up a bit)

I’ll need to get some pics of the Tribute (but you know what they look like – right?)

Jesse

Here are a couple pics of my custom Amp I made:

Re: hello from NJ

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:49 am

I dig that amp!

Cheers,

Will

Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:21 am

Really cool work on that amp. Please tell us more about it.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:14 am

thank you

the Chassis was taken from a PANoramic......it was in my basement collecting dust - i spent some time "firing" it up.......
-took some measurement
-drew a plan in ACAD
-printed out templates (full size) on our large format printer
-wood is Home Depot Grade (this was my first amp attempt)
-speakers are now 25w Celest.
-new tan chicken head knobs now in place (later than pics)
-a little on the quiet side to be honest

i call it '55 Special (inspired after my Buick - hence the 3 port holes on the side and the sweepspear design on the rear panel)

(this is a "before" pic of the car......she's in pcs now - an on going - but not by any means abandoned proj

Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:28 am

Welcome and I love the amp. The first thing I caught was the logo and was wondering who's missing the logo on their vintage Buick. Very cool indeed!--Darwin

Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:41 am

Would that be the PANormaic made by "Audioguild"?
Audio Guild was established by a former Magna Electronics (Magnatone) designer John Bonham (in fact, the same guy who developed and held the patents for the pitch-bending vibrato circuit designs). They are very similar to the old Magnatone amps.

I have a friend that has a few of these. Not extremely loud and not a lot of headroom, but very cool amps with a nice tone--and of course they have the cool pitch-bending vibrato the Magnatones were famous for.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:20 pm

Howdy.Jonah from another N.J. guy...Toms River .real cool to see your amp ! real neat and not often or very seldom seen, by me anyway. Do you like the celes. speaker ? well welcome. Hey those chrome rings on your car would look great stuffed in your amp holes!lol....stevet

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:25 pm

timewave wrote:Howdy.Jonah from another N.J. guy...Toms River .real cool to see your amp ! real neat and not often or very seldom seen, by me anyway. Do you like the celes. speaker ? well welcome. Hey those chrome rings on your car would look great stuffed in your amp holes!lol....stevet

THANKS

honestly I really don't use amp much - like everyone else - I have OTHERS!

the original idea WAS to use the Cars "ventiports" - I nixed it along the way - for they would be seen on both sides of that amp side panel - and the portsd are too deep to get to work

thanks though!

Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:51 pm

I have no idea what that amp could sound like but one thing I know for sure....

.... I LOVE THE LOOKS OF IT!

Very classy.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:59 am

Welcome! :wave:

Nice looking amp! :thumbup:

In case you missed this post: Welcome! Read This First. It has info on posting photos. ;)

Also, please do register your Tribute Legacy on our G&L Registry.

:ugeek:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:43 pm

That amp is dead cool, so is that car. I bought some car badges to put on my amp last week - they say 'Special' too!

Welcome aboard

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:47 am

Great looking amp!! Would be cool to get some (small) wheels, a hitch, and connect it to the car to cruise Main St. at 5 mph ;)

- Jos