New geezer, future G&L owner

Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:07 pm

Hi, just joined. I'm here because I just discovered G&L guitars in my Google searches of Fender Strats, did some research & now I'm shopping for a new G&L. Actually it's already picked out. The Invader with a maple neck. In my budget in 3 months. Can't wait. Me, I've been playing off & on since 1973. Mostly cheap guitars but I'm tired off cheap guitars now. Mostly I'm a 12 string acoustic fingerpicker (Rainsong & Breedlove) but my electric is a Yamaha strat copy HSS. Anyway, I've already lurked & learned some here, cool forum.

Re: New geezer, future G&L owner

Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:46 pm

Welcome to the forum!! 8-)

Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:32 pm

HEY!BUBBA I was also looking at U.S. Strats and ran into G+Ls as you did ,so I got a U.S.Comanche and it plays and sounds better to me than most the Strats I played(in the 1200-1500.00 price range) and the sound is much sweeter to me.You should play one,I bought mine used, but it looks like its not so used! I posted it in Introductions,under hello all(timewave) check it out ,play one....you"ll love it! Welcome! Its just a little budget adjustment!!! ;) stevet

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:29 pm

WELCOME Bubba! :elguitar054:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:45 pm

Glad you joined Bubba and G&Ls are like Lays Potato Chips. You cannot just have one!-- Darwin

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:30 pm

Welcome Bubba.

I am a Gezzer also and believe me, the G&L will spoil you.

Enjoy your new guitar.