Long Time G&L Owner, New Member

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi, just introducing myself. I have a '83 Nighthawk (Clear Blue Rarebird) and am looking forward to learning more about G&L and those who enjoy them.

Re: Long Time G&L Owner, New Member

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Welcome and I would love to see a picture of that Nighthawk!-- Darwin

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:31 pm

Welcome +1 :happy0065:

- Jos

Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:07 pm

Pictures please! I own an '87 tri-burst with fine tuner bridge. Welcome makasireh!

Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:20 pm

I'll get pictures out soon. I'm in the middle of a full out service. Unfortunately as a dumb kid, I had the pickups replaced with Seymour Duncans that no longer work, so I am replacing those with Fenders and restoring this guitar to as close to original beauty as possible. The body is in great shape though! I promise pictures in a week or so.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:22 pm

makasireh wrote:I'll get pictures out soon. I'm in the middle of a full out service. Unfortunately as a dumb kid, I had the pickups replaced with Seymour Duncans that no longer work, so I am replacing those with Fenders and restoring this guitar to as close to original beauty as possible. The body is in great shape though! I promise pictures in a week or so.

Perhaps you can at least get some s-500 spec MFD's.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:56 pm

Great suggestion. I looked on G&L website, a bit pricey and they didn't have bridge p/u in black. I got a set of Fenders from Amazon with pots, switch, and output jack for under $150. I'll see how that sounds and keep my eyes open for a used Skyhawk, Nighthawk, S-500 or something. Could be less than the $300 for the MFD's for parts.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:51 pm

"Fenders from Amazon"

Cool band name.

Welcome! - ed

Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:08 am

I'll go see that band...