Hello everybody!

Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:46 am

Hi guys!!! Recently got myself a G&L Legacy in a trade for my Mesa Boogie F-50... I'm absolutely loving it!!!

The guy I got it from said it's a USA Legacy Special..... However, I thought the Legacy Specials all have the twin blade pickups...??? Mine has SSS pickup configuration...

It's butterscotch blonde with the DP Vibrato trem and it has Locking Sperzels...

One thing I find weird is that the Serial Number on the authenticity certificate doesn't match the serial number on the back of my headstock... any ideas???

It really is the best guitar I've ever played... I've been playing 20 years and have been through many high-end guitars from all sorts of manufacturers...

Can anyone help me with the serial number thing please?

It's CLF35517 on the back of the neck and 33889 on the certificate...

[img][img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7150/6729924067_c04ea2d974_b.jpg[/img]
G&L Legacy!! by undergroovelive, on Flickr[/img]

:D :D :D

Re: Hello everybody!

Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:33 am

Hi, that's a nice guitar!

Maybe you or the pre owner got the wrong guitar, so that would explain, why there are no Humbuckers inside and the serial number is wrong on the certificate.

But if you're loving it, there's no problem at all. :)

You could try to get the right certificate though, as the person with the other has for sure interest in changing the papers. ;)

Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:16 am

Great looking Legacy and welcome. I suspect that the original COA may have been the wrong one or the owner had multiple G&L's and gave you the wrong COA. I have experienced G&L owners who did not know what they had and I have also purchased new ones and received the wrong paperwork from the dealer. I any case you can get the correct COA from G&L. Just contact them and I believe there is a minimal charge but at least you can get the correct one if you wish.-- Darwin

Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:13 am

Undergroovelive wrote:Hi guys!!! Recently got myself a G&L Legacy in a trade for my Mesa Boogie F-50... I'm absolutely loving it!!!

The guy I got it from said it's a USA Legacy Special..... However, I thought the Legacy Specials all have the twin blade pickups...??? Mine has SSS pickup configuration...

It's butterscotch blonde with the DP Vibrato trem and it has Locking Sperzels...

One thing I find weird is that the Serial Number on the authenticity certificate doesn't match the serial number on the back of my headstock... any ideas???

It really is the best guitar I've ever played... I've been playing 20 years and have been through many high-end guitars from all sorts of manufacturers...

Can anyone help me with the serial number thing please?

It's CLF35517 on the back of the neck and 33889 on the certificate...

:D :D :D

Welcome! :greet:

It sounds like an innocent mistake and the wrong guitar was sent to you. A Legacy Special will have that model name decal on the headstock and yes, they have the blade humbucker pickups.
You received a standard Legacy.

My suggestion is to contact the previous owner and work out getting the correct guitar or the correct COA for the guitar you received.

My $0.02.

:ugeek:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:30 pm

That is one stunning Legacy that you have there. Welcome!

Though your photo isn't real clear, I sense from what I'm able to discern that the maple of your guitar's neck may well be nicely figured.
Regardless, congratulations!

My two cents: As has been pointed out, your instrument is clearly a Legacy and not a Legacy Special. Though both are very fine guitars, if you wanted one with humbuckers and got something different, I believe you are entitled to have this made right - but right is a complicated thing.

If you're loving your Legacy (and personally, I love the G&L vintage alnicos), you should consider keeping the guitar but asking for a modest adjustment, as Specials tend to sell for a bit more on the used market. If you really wanted the blade humbuckers, I think you're entitled to them, or a full refund.

What the h%ll was I saying? ;+) - ed

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:07 am

Welcome.

That is a nice looking Legacy.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do about the certificate and guitar mix up.

BTW, did you receive the tremolo arm aka whammy bar?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:15 am

Hey guys!

Well, I spoke to the guy I got the guitar from... Turns out I have the certificate for his ASAT Bass guitar lol!!!!!!!

He's gonna take a look for my certificate then we'll exchange in the post!

Yes!!! Michael-Gn-Michael, I got the whammy bar :) although I'm not really using it...

D

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:50 am

Undergroovelive wrote:Yes!!! Michael-Gn-Michael, I got the whammy bar :) although I'm not really using it...

If you don't mount it, you can't use it anyway. :D

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:03 am

lollll yes very true!!! :happy0065:
It holds tuning very well with tremelo use.... plus the last guy had locking Sperzels fitted - So I guess it would be rude not to use it right?? lol
Last edited by Undergroovelive on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:40 am

Welcome to the forum!! Beautiful ASAT you have there. Happy to hear you are enjoying it! 8-)

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:22 am

Lefty wrote:Welcome to the forum!! Beautiful ASAT you have there. Happy to hear you are enjoying it! 8-)

I don't have an ASAT...

Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:14 am

Oh, you will..... ;+) - ed

Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:36 am

Undergroovelive wrote:
Lefty wrote:Welcome to the forum!! Beautiful ASAT you have there. Happy to hear you are enjoying it! 8-)

I don't have an ASAT...

Oops! Sorry about that. I guess I was thinking about my ASAT Classic that has the same color combo.. Beautiful Legacy you have there!! :oops:

Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:19 am

Lefty wrote:
Undergroovelive wrote:

I don't have an ASAT...

Oops! Sorry about that. I guess I was thinking about my ASAT Classic that has the same color combo.. Beautiful Legacy you have there!! :oops:

lol it's cool! - Thank you for the compliment! I love my legacy sooooooooo much, it's absolutely amazing!!! :D

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:56 pm

My legacy is now up for sale... I'm interested in offers and part exchange... I'm based in either Reading, West London or North West London... i get about a bit due to work etc.
I tried posting in the Marketplace area but for some reason it would not let me log in...

Please PM me if interested :)

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:07 am

Undergroovelive wrote:My legacy is now up for sale... I'm interested in offers and part exchange... I'm based in either Reading, West London or North West London... i get about a bit due to work etc.
I tried posting in the Marketplace area but for some reason it would not let me log in...

You need to register on the guitarsbyleo.com (the G&L Forum has a separate registration) and
then register your guitar in the G&L Registry.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:16 am

Craig wrote:
Undergroovelive wrote:My legacy is now up for sale... I'm interested in offers and part exchange... I'm based in either Reading, West London or North West London... i get about a bit due to work etc.

You need to register on the guitarsbyleo.com (the G&L Forum has a separate registration) and
then register your guitar in the G&L Registry.

All done now Craig, Thanks :)

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:04 am

Hey There!
Nice Legacy, but no Special...G&L will issue your coa w/case candy for 20.00!
Steve

Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:44 am

- S O L D -