My first G&L and lovin' it

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:51 am

Hi,
My name is Jake and I live in Southern California. I have the privilege of being a husband, a father of three kids, and a pastor to middle school students. As of this last Christmas (actually a few days after Christmas), I am the proud owner of a new G&L ASAT Classic S in Butterscotch Blonde. It is an incredible guitar. I think it's absolutely beautiful and it is a dream to play. I had my sights set on this particular G&L for sometime, but funds would not allow for such a purchase. My hope was to acquire such a fine guitar in the next 5-10 years or so. A few days after Christmas i was playing with my kids and there was a knock on the door. Upon opening the door, a family from church walks in with a large box all wrapped up and they hand the box over to me. You guessed it. My new G&L ASAT Classic S is an incredibly generous gift from an amazing family and I hope to use it for a long time to come. You probably figured that the primary application is to play at church. It's been an absolute joy to play these last few weeks. Every time I see this beautiful guitar and as I play, I feel so blessed and unworthy of such a great gift.

Blessings,

Jake

Some pics (not great quality)

IMG_0726 by hhylkema1, on Flickr

IMG_0725 by hhylkema1, on Flickr

IMG_0727 by hhylkema1, on Flickr
Last edited by John424ASAT on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: My first G7L and lovin' it

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:20 am

Great story Jake, and a beautiful guitar. You and everyone around you will enjoy it for many years to come!-- Darwin

Re: My first G&L and lovin' it

Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:08 pm

Congratulations for that fine guitar and yes, a great story. As it happened to you, I'm sure you're worthy. :)

Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:18 pm

great looking guitar, other than the pickguard. black would be so much better with the BB. i agree with you, you are not worthy, i however am, so if you could kindly just send it over, or i can just pick it up, i am not that far. btw, where is your church?

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:03 pm

I love churches like that, yknow the ones that are just like family :thumbup:

Also unleashing my inner Chandler Bing, could it be any more yellow?

Looks awesome though and the tort looks fine with it to my eyes.

I hear yah on the unworthy part, makes me pay a little more attention to how I play.

Dig the name too ;)

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Congrats Jake! Love Butterscotch Blonde so by defintion it s an amazing looking gutar. And as always, the GOT neck goes so well with that finish!

- Jos

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:11 pm

I totally dig the Butterscotch Blonde. I have to say I did have to get used to the neck finish, but that took about 5 minutes :D

I read about some kind of mod which wires the pups in series with the push/pull knob pulled out (not sure which position). Has anyone done this or had it done? It's not like the 7 different existing options aren't enough. I'm just curious if it's something to consider in the future.

Thanks again for the welcome and compliments on the guitar.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:52 pm

She is sweet! Her sister is sitting in my local guitar store- with a black pick guard. My favorite guitars are the ones that were gifts from friends and family. Do you play in the church band? I play my Tribby Wil Ray in church, I am certain your Butterscotch Blonde can give the glory with the best of them! Welcome to the family. ~JagInTheBag