new to G&L forum new owner and new band!

Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:56 am

H I there

I am Jim , from London.
Just bought myself a G&L asat special 30th anniversary to use with my band The Inevitable Pinhole Burns.
Google us on corporate records. ( the inevitable pinhole burns corporate records) and feel free to download the album for free!
From now on I will be using exclusively my G&L for live and recording!

Think I am in love! The pearl finish is incredible !

Best regards

Jim Rhesus

Re: new to G&L forum new owner and new band!

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:30 am

Jimrhesus wrote:H I there

I am Jim , from London.
Just bought myself a G&L asat special 30th anniversary to use with my band The Inevitable Pinhole Burns.
Google us on corporate records. ( the inevitable pinhole burns corporate records) and feel free to download the album for free!
From now on I will be using exclusively my G&L for live and recording!

Think I am in love! The pearl finish is incredible !

Best regards

Jim Rhesus

Welcome, Jim! :thumbup:

Yes, the 30th Anniversary finish is incredible! When you get a chance,
please do add your guitar to our G&L Registry.

:sign0011:

Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Hey Jim. I second that welcome!

You found yourself a special G&L guitar there. As you have probably already discovered, it can do pretty much anything you need.

I gave a couple of your band's tunes a spin. Who among you has Jimmy's hair? Ha!

Seriously, I like your energy. If I may be honest though, I have found that there are an Infinite amount of lunitics abounding.... -ed

Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:36 pm

some good song writing there. where did you record it? more importantly where did you mix it?

Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:25 pm

louis cyfer wrote:some good song writing there. where did you record it? more importantly where did you mix it?

On headphones it has a great sound, very full and stimulating to the aural senses...............the space, layered guitar and vocals in particular.

I think track #1 could be a hit if you had all the ducks lined up, I can imagine turning up the radio and feeling happy when the song came on.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:10 pm

Michael-GnL-Michael wrote:
louis cyfer wrote:some good song writing there. where did you record it? more importantly where did you mix it?

On headphones it has a great sound, very full and stimulating to the aural senses...............the space, layered guitar and vocals in particular.

I think track #1 could be a hit if you had all the ducks lined up, I can imagine turning up the radio and feeling happy when the song came on.

on studio monitors it gets actually very boomy in places and the mix of the vocals is inconsistent, both in level and spacial placement (reverb). i do like the songs though. also the ideas in the arranging, but better mixing would really help. too many low frequencies are fighting in a lot of places. and the mids are lacking. happens a lot when you take a guitar sound that sounds great on its own. a lot of times people solo the instrument, find the sound and record, not working it in afterwards. in a great mix, often the guitar sounds really bad on its own, but sounds great as part of the mix.