Hello, new member here.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:17 pm

I recently bought an SC-2 reissue and thought I would check out this forum.

I am impressed enough with this guitar that I may want another G&L and I figured this would be the place to learn about them.

I live in Pittsburgh and play mostly dissonant No Wave/Metal type music.

Re: Hello, new member here.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:52 pm

Welcome! We'd love to see your new G&L. Post photos when you get the chance (otherwise, it might not actually exist;+).

G&L is a slippery slope indeed, as one is never enough. I see an Invader (perhaps) in your future. Maybe sooner than you think. Ha!

The SC-2 - as you now know - can do most anything. Excellent choice.

Enjoy! - ed

Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:15 pm

zapcosongs wrote:Welcome! We'd love to see your new G&L. Post photos when you get the chance (otherwise, it might not actually exist;+).

G&L is a slippery slope indeed, as one is never enough. I see an Invader (perhaps) in your future. Maybe sooner than you think. Ha!

The SC-2 - as you now know - can do most anything. Excellent choice.

Enjoy! - ed

I will take pictures.

Believe it or not, I might be more interested in an F-100 or one of the 3 single coil models(SC-3/Comanche/S-500).

The singles in the SC-2 are the first singles I have really found that can do anything, though I also like Z-90's and EMG singles.

The SC-2 can convincingly do metal:

http://soundcloud.com/phosphene-audio/9 ... ember-2011

Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:47 pm

I'm convinced!

How was that recorded? - ed

Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:52 pm

zapcosongs wrote:I'm convinced!

How was that recorded? - ed

Shure SM27 into Golden Age Pre-73(w/Carnhill xfmrs) into Presonus Firestudio Mobile into Cubase.

The amp is something I made out of an old Bogen 10 watt PA amp, with 2 12AX7's and 2 EL84's. I think the rectifier is an EZ80. The pedal is also something I made, though I shouldn't get into that, I don't want to be spamming the board.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:50 pm

I liked the highs as well as the lows, which isn't always the case in recordings like this. Bully!

btw, Are you a Steeler's fan? I hail from Maryland, so if so, we have a healthy and respectful rivalry going here. Good luck to Ben and the guys. I don't anticipate a one-sided affair like their first encounter this year..... - ed

PS: Ben played his college ball at my Alma Mater, so I sort of root for him - when he's not playing Baltimore (or Washington (boo!!!)).

Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:51 pm

Welcome! :wave:

Yep, G&L's are definitely addicting. And there are more models than ever to choose from. :thumbup:

My SC-2 (Belair Green/Saddle-Lock bridge) is my go to guitar here in my computer/music room.

:sign0011: