Real and imitation ASAT Classic Bluesboy person here... Ser

Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:28 am

Hello. I have a precious lefty ASAT Classic Bluesboy. Is there any clue that can be gleaned from the serial number (CLF 27036) on the back of the headstock? I suppose there is another part of the forum I should ask this question in... Any info and direction would be greatly appreciated. Gracias.

Re: Real and imitation ASAT Classic Bluesboy person here...

Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:31 am

My attempt to assemble a Bluesboy... Sort of...

Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:49 am

[quote="ishtar"]Hello. I have a precious lefty ASAT Classic Bluesboy. Is there any clue that can be gleaned from the serial number (CLF 27036) on the back of the headstock? I suppose there is another part of the forum I should ask this question in... Any info and direction would be greatly appreciated. Gracias.

Welcome! :wave:

Beautiful AC Bluesboy SH - nice 3-tone sunburst finish! :thumbup:

Check out this post: Serial number significance in the G&L Knowledgebase.

Hope this helps.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:18 am

Thanks a lot, Craig. Without tearing off the neck, the serial seems to fall somewhere between 2002 and 2006, that is, if lefty guitars were handled in a similar fashion and the headstock serial means anything at all.... So this likely has the Seth Lover Humbucker, you believe...?

Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:20 am

That's one great looking Blueboy! And it's a lefty! :happy0007:

Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:30 am

ishtar wrote:Thanks a lot, Craig. Without tearing off the neck, the serial seems to fall somewhere between 2002 and 2006, that is, if lefty guitars were handled in a similar fashion and the headstock serial means anything at all.... So this likely has the Seth Lover Humbucker, you believe...?

Yep, without looking at the neck heel or neck pocket date stamp(s), your range is as accurate as you can get.

If it's factory stock, then yes, the neck pickup is a potted Seth Lover Humbucker.

How different is the AC Bluesboy SH to the Cossoo?

Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:06 pm

The COSSOO is quite different. The neck and body came from USA Custom Guitars. The body is mahogany and weighs a ton.

Everything else besides the pickups and bridge are American Standard Tele parts. The pickups are Harmonic Design units, and the bridge is Callaham.

I didn't attain the great, perfect feel and literal vibe of the real Bluesboy. It is solid, but too massive, all said and done.