Hello from Doha, Qatar

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:19 pm

Hi my name is Emir, I am originally from Bosnia & Herzegovina but these days I live and work in Qatar's capital Doha :wave:

I've spent most of my guitar playing years riffing metal on pointy things, but love guitars in general. Hollow, semi-hollow, solid, plastic, carbon fibre, aluminium, or just good old trees.

Sooner or later you figure out you must have something by late master Leo. I had a Mexican Strat that I loved and played mercilessly for two years until trouble hit and I pawned it off. As soon as I got my hands on some money I ordered a USA deluxe, a used one though, through a friend in the States.

While I waited for the guitar, someone locally was trying to get rid of this:

I saw it, had to have it, and bought it, at a somewhat unreasonable price but that's how it goes around here.

Then two weeks later another gentleman was trying to get rid of this for substantially less, but I had a Fender I never played to pick up from the mail, whatever, it was on the way...

I think you can guess how that ended :happy0007:

Re: Hello from Doha, Qatar

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:40 pm

Wow! That Legacy is nice... Will

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:47 pm

I've been thinking of putting a humbucker in the bridge but the guitar sounds so beautiful through my Marshall JVM410C I can't get myself to do it :(

I'm still dead set on putting either a mint green or mirror pickguard on it though...

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:10 pm

welcome

I have a DiMarzio DP184 in the bridge of my legacy and I love it!

Nice axes!

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:53 pm

With those 2 guitars you are ready for any gig!

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:07 am

Hello Emir, Welcome to the forum. You've got yourself a couple of fine guitars there! 8-)

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:24 am

Welcome, Emir! :wave:

It's great to have another international member join us and
we do have many international members, so we are truly a global community! :happy0065:

When you get a chance, please do add your Legacy and ASAT Special to our G&L Registry.

:sign0011:

Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:32 am

I heard a strat guitarist from Egypt once and the music was very interesting. Do you have any examples of Legacy/Strat music from Qatar that isn't just straight American rock and roll we could listen to?

Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:30 am

Hello and welcome! Great guitars you have there! Good luck with them!

Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:28 am

Emir, many of us have fallen victim to the same thing. A good problem to have and great looking guitars-- Darwin.