Greetings from Orlando, Fl

Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:33 pm

Hello,
I've been playing for about 40 years. I'm thinking about buying a 30th anniversary Legacy. I'm also interested in the 30th anni S 500 but I can't find one to look at. I've owned a few Fender Strats over the years and a 197? Music Man Sabre 2. I currently have a 1981 Music Man 75 210 amp and an Epiphone Sheraton. I have enjoyed Leo Fender products for many years and can't wait to get a G&L. I love the pearl overdose of the anniversary models. I may have some questions (like who has the anni S500 in stock) and look forward to contributing from time to time.
Rideoften
aka Mike

Re: Greetings from Orlando, Fl

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:32 pm

Rideoften wrote:Hello,
I've been playing for about 40 years. I'm thinking about buying a 30th anniversary Legacy. I'm also interested in the 30th anni S 500 but I can't find one to look at. I've owned a few Fender Strats over the years and a 197? Music Man Sabre 2. I currently have a 1981 Music Man 75 210 amp and an Epiphone Sheraton. I have enjoyed Leo Fender products for many years and can't wait to get a G&L. I love the pearl overdose of the anniversary models. I may have some questions (like who has the anni S500 in stock) and look forward to contributing from time to time.
Rideoften
aka Mike

Welcome Mike! :wave:

I emailed Steve Grom (Director of Manufacturing) to find out if the 30th Anniversary models are
still available for ordering. There was an original order cut-off date of 12/31/2010 and it was extended
by a couple of months. I don't know if that extension was also extended. ;)

As soon as I hear back from Steve I will post his response.

Stay tuned.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:51 pm

Craig wrote:
Rideoften wrote:Hello,
Rideoften
aka Mike

Welcome Mike! :wave:

I emailed Steve Grom (Director of Manufacturing) to find out if the 30th Anniversary models are
still available for ordering. There was an original order cut-off date of 12/31/2010 and it was extended
by a couple of months. I don't know if that extension was also extended. ;)

As soon as I hear back from Steve I will post his response.

Stay tuned.

Okay, I just heard back from Steve and he says
they continue to take orders, so yes, they still can be ordered.
However, I would not wait very long to order, as they are likely
to wrap up the 30th Anniversary models soon.

Hope this helps.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:25 am

Craig,
Thanks for the welcome and the reply. We don't have a G&L dealer in Orlando so I can't try out a model before I buy it. Guitar Adoptions has an Anniversary Legacy in stock at what looks like a very fair price. I was thinking about placing an order with them. After doing some reading here, I think I would be happy with the Legacy. We'll see, I'm still collecting data.
Rideoften