New to the G&L family.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:38 pm

Well,
I finally did it a bought a gorgeous ASAT deluxe. I must that this site for all the excellent info on that guitar as very few can be found on the net about this amazing guitars.

I've been playing for almost 20 years. Have had about 8 guitars, sold 2 and regret it... and now bought an ASAT as I was looking for a tele sound. A local seller put this guitar for sale and I set my eyes on her. I completely forgot about G&L, but I was so glad to see that ad. Long story short, met the guy, tried the guitar without an amp.. and nervously bought it. Got home, plug it on my amp (Fender Prosonic) and boy I was in love. I played for 2 hours non stop. I have 2 PRS, and 4 Fender Strats. This AD has a mojo vibe.

Without further due please meet Isabel:

Re: New to the G&L family.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:24 pm

Very nice and Congrats How well does she sustain?

Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:42 pm

now that's one lovely lady.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:41 pm

Muffdriver? - great handle....

And a sweet ASAT there, Nice Score....

Stay Tuned....

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:55 am

A red one! Don't let Darwin see it! Nice guitar :happy0065: And welcome to you and 'Isabel'.

- Jos

Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:14 am

HLG wrote:Very nice and Congrats How well does she sustain?

Very good actually. On a chord the decay is not right away as on my strats, it just wants to ring for 2 seconds and then decay. For the sustain, better than some of my strats, but not as long as the set neck prs but that's expectable.

I now understand what Leo and George wanted to achieve with this company. I could have bought a new Fender Tele MIM for almost $100 less and I know I'd have to search for several stores to find one that is half descent. I paid $950, even if this was a high price, this quality guitar to me is worth $3000.