I made it!

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:39 pm

I'm feelin' pretty good about about my guitar selection now that I have found this site. Found it used in Sam Ash. Wasn't crazy about the color scheme, but it feels good and sounds good, so I guess thats all that matters. I'm starting guitar at an older age (late 40's), and just wanted to say hello ...[

Try again w/pic

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:49 pm

This may work ....

Re: I made it!

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:36 am

Welcome! :wave:

Very nice looking ASAT Special; really nice looking Swamp Ash body, too. :thumbup:

:sign0011:

Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:39 pm

That's a pretty sweet set up to start out on! Hope you're enjoying the ASAT Special.

And welcome to the board. :D

Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:49 pm

Mad Eye, for a first G&L, you couldn't have done better. Same color as my Special. Welcome!-- Darwin

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:32 pm

Ah .... swamp ash body/ASAT special. I wasn't sure what model or body wood guitar I had. From the vast amount of info on this site, I assume this is a mid 1990's foreign made guitar. Image
This is a big step up from my Epiphone Les Paul. I feel as though I can play better just by getting this guitar. I was somewhat reluctant to put out as much $$$ for this ASAT as it would have to get a new American Standard Fender Tele, but this ASAT sounded and felt better. The different tones and sound I get out of the Bugera with the ASAT vs the Epi LP is amazing. Its kinda like they were made for each other!

Jim

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:15 pm

Mad Eye wrote:Ah .... swamp ash body/ASAT special. I wasn't sure what model or body wood guitar I had. From the vast amount of info on this site, I assume this is a mid 1990's foreign made guitar. Image
This is a big step up from my Epiphone Les Paul. I feel as though I can play better just by getting this guitar. I was somewhat reluctant to put out as much $$$ for this ASAT as it would have to get a new American Standard Fender Tele, but this ASAT sounded and felt better. The different tones and sound I get out of the Bugera with the ASAT vs the Epi LP is amazing. Its kinda like they were made for each other!

Jim

It's definitely not foreign made - it was made at the G&L factory in Fullerton, CA USA!

You might want to check out these in our Knowledgebase:
Serial number significance.
How do I determine an instrument's age?
List of Regular Production ASAT-style guitars
Production List of G&L Instruments (USA)
What is the new Tribute series which G&L announced in 2003?
Why the change in manufacturing location for the Tributes?

Hope this helps.