New to G&L

Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi, all. I picked up my first G&:. It's a 1992 Legacy w/ Duncan '59 & TB-4. Very good quality and sweet components. It came wired with a phase reversal switch, which I don't like, and rewired it for coil splitting. Sounds excellent, very thrilled

ImageImage

Re: New to G&L

Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:55 pm

Welcome! :wave:

Wow, nice looking Legacy 2HB! I especially like the covered pickups. :thumbup:

Where are you located?

Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:07 pm

Thanks, I just updated my profile. I'm in Chicago.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:29 pm

Nice guitar and welcome. Do these come with phase switching from the factory instead of coil splitting?-- Darwin

Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:40 pm

darwinohm wrote:Nice guitar and welcome. Do these come with phase switching from the factory instead of coil splitting?-- Darwin

Nope, it would have been done by a previous owner and also they did not come with covered pickups from the factory.

See the Gallery: Album: Legacy 2HB (two knob version) Wiring Diagram and Picture Diagram (PTB version).

BTW, did you get my PM?

Hope this helps.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:13 pm

Hey Waynerd, it's Surfcaster from the JVM Forum. I don't check in quite as often over here, but just wanted to say hi here and again, congrats on the G&L!!

I noticed the covered pups when I saw your post on the JVM Forum and wondered if they came from the factory that way...thanks for the clarification, Craig. Regardless, I think they look really sharp!

Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:25 pm

No Craig, in fact I tried to send you a PM last night and it would not let me. It said you were not a listed member.-- Darwin

Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Craig, I just found your PM when I went to my user profile. I try to respond and it says that the users I am trying to add do not exist. I have put no one in the window for added users. I am also not getting e-mail notification of your PM's and have always in the past. There appears to be a problem. Let me know what you think. Send me an e-mail to my e-mail dohman@usfamily.net -- Darwin

Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:20 pm

darwinohm wrote:Craig, I just found your PM when I went to my user profile. I try to respond and it says that the users I am trying to add do not exist. I have put no one in the window for added users. I am also not getting e-mail notification of your PM's and have always in the past. There appears to be a problem. Let me know what you think. Send me an e-mail to my e-mail dohman@usfamily.net -- Darwin

emails/pms sent.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:26 am

I dig it. It reminds me of Oates' 2HB Strat in the video for "Sarah Smile"...

Cheers,

Will

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:37 am

Thanks, guys. I'm very happy with the guitar. It's built like a tank, very solid and heavy.
I actually rewired it for coil splitting. I'm not a fan of the reverse phase.

The pivot screws or bushings are a bit rusty and it's missing the vibrato bar. I don't know where I can find them because the don't make old bridges anymore, since converting to metric. Can I just replace the entire bridge? Is the stud spacing the same?

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:11 am

Fantastically Classy with a capital C.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:51 am

I don't think the guitar was made like this. There are extra screw holes under the pick guard and the bridge pickup doesn't line up as well as it should under the strings. I'll have to fill in the pick guard screw holes, line it up properly and redrill the holes.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:52 am

Muleya wrote:Hey Waynerd, it's Surfcaster from the JVM Forum. I don't check in quite as often over here, but just wanted to say hi here and again, congrats on the G&L!!

I noticed the covered pups when I saw your post on the JVM Forum and wondered if they came from the factory that way...thanks for the clarification, Craig. Regardless, I think they look really sharp!

Hey, Surf. Spreading the JVM love around?