Hello G&Lers!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:07 pm

Hello from Raleigh, NC!

I own two G&L guitars; got my first about 9 months ago, a blueburst Tribute ASAT Classic. It has a gorgeous birdseye maple neck and I think an ash body. Its got the more traditional looking MFD pickups. Its probably the best import guitar I've ever played/owned.

I just got my second G&L last week for my birthday, a 1990 SC-3. It appears to be mostly original with the exception of an older lace sensor pickup in the bridge position. It has a sunburst finish with matching headstock and a rosewood fretboard. A lot of the chrome is beat up and I've got to clean up the saddles and trem lock. Needs a setup but the MFD pickups and the maple body sound unreal.

I've been playing for about 15 years and play everything from rock to jazz to ska and punk. My other guitars include a tele parts-caster built by my good friends at Guru Guitars in Raleigh, a Heritage Les Paul model with custom hand wound mini humbuckers (I wanted an LP Deluxe--again done by Guru Guitars), an early 90's Ibanez EX "superstrat" and a 1974 Guild D-40 acoustic guitar.

Nice to meet all of you!

Re: Hello G&Lers!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:44 pm

Welcome! :greet:

When you get a chance, please post pictures of your G&L's.
We cannot get enough of them! :lol:

A nice collection of guitars you have listed.

Nice to meet you, too!

:sign0011:

Re: Hello G&Lers!

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Welcome to the forum , sounds like a sweet little stable you have going there.