Hi there everyone

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:22 am

Well I thought it might be nice if I had some decorum and say hi to everyone on the forum.

I live in Sydney Australia and have been playing since I was about 15 which I think is about 27 years (holy crap - I can't believe that - the years really fly...). I think I'm a reasonable player but I've been on and off over the years so obviously years of playing doesn't quite equate to being a prodigy or anything :)

I own a few guitars but I'm sure nothing out of the ordinary. I have a vantage electric double cutaway (my first electric guitar), a Maton EM325C Accoustic, US Fender deluxe strat (2004), A Les Paul Standard 2009 and of course a G&L SC-3 Strat (1989). I've recently ordered a new American Deluxe Telecaster - so looking forward to that.

I mostly play Texas style electric blues and also play piano which helps me do some basic sequencing - ie. the drum and bass lines. I use Cakewalk (Sonar these days) and have for many years. Nothing against Cubase - it's just what I got used to.

Besides blues guitar I have pretty eclectic musical taste - I learnt from a Jazz teacher, play classical piano, tinker with slide guitar, own a Theremin (wierd eh), enjoy some Prog Rock including Pink Floyd and Mike Oldfield. I also enjoy celtic guitar, some country and jazz licks including fusion and west coast style stuff. Anyway being a jack of all trades can be a curse - you never get good at any one style but have a blast fiddling with them all.

So hopefully you all know a bit about me now and I look forward to finding out a bit about everyone here.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I have few photos of the G&L in my post here:

http://guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4249

Cheers

DeepSouth

Re: Hi there everyone

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:29 pm

Welcome! (sorry for the delay - missed this post, oops :oops: )

:greet:

Glad to meet you and, in case you have not noticed, there are a
number of other members here from down under, too.

:sign0011:

Re: Hi there everyone

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:03 pm

Welcome aboard, you and I sound as if we would get along well musically. I disagree though, you can be good at all styles, just need to break it down beyond face value. Then there are a whole lot of sames going on.