New To G&L Guitars and to This Forum

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:09 am

I started playing about 18 months ago at a fairly advanced age. I quickly gravitated to Fender Telecasters and own about a dozen, mostly MIM but one MIJ and a MIK. My favorite has been a Classic 50's Esquire. I had been wanting to find an American Made Telecaster and the opportunity arose to buy a 1993 ASAT Classic. What a nice guitar. Everything about it is quality. I had read what I could about G&L's and felt fortunate to find a very nice one. I am loving it and looking forward to learning from and participating in this forum.

Re: New To G&L Guitars and to This Forum

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:02 am

azoldguy wrote:I started playing about 18 months ago at a fairly advanced age. I quickly gravitated to Fender Telecasters and own about a dozen, mostly MIM but one MIJ and a MIK. My favorite has been a Classic 50's Esquire. I had been wanting to find an American Made Telecaster and the opportunity arose to buy a 1993 ASAT Classic. What a nice guitar. Everything about it is quality. I had read what I could about G&L's and felt fortunate to find a very nice one. I am loving it and looking forward to learning from and participating in this forum.

Welcome! :greet:

Congratulations on your new to you ASAT Classic.
When you get a chance, please post a photo of your G&L -- there are some
here who require proof - it don't exist without it! :lol:
Also, please do add it to our G&L Registry.

Thanks,

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:08 pm

Craig - I am familiar with the "gotta have pictures" rule. I have always enjoyed viewing and posting photos on the tdpri forum. I will "legitimize" soon. I did register my Classic and was proud to do so. Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to the new friendships.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:33 am

Happy to welcome you too. Glad you found this place.

But just how long do you expect us to wait for pictures? ;+) - ed

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:38 am

Cut the guy a break. I'm a newbie too and I joined the forum even before I received my guitar. Fortunately, the guy on ebay that sold it to me emailed me that he was coming to my town for work, so he could deliver it in person. So I got it 3 days after winning the auction and posted pictures the next morning. I also took pictures of all my other guitars at that time, since I had my camera out, but some of them I had for 10 years without taking a picture. A couple of them, I even posted an ebay auction photo if it wasn't a stock photo.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:24 pm

Hey - I don't mind the ribbing, and it's a fair question. I plan to get some pictures shot and posted by the end of the week. Thanks for caring!

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:05 pm

Welcome aboard, 12 guitars in 18 months? You rival even the best gear whores and you are just getting started.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:36 pm

azoldguy wrote:Hey - I don't mind the ribbing, and it's a fair question. I plan to get some pictures shot and posted by the end of the week. Thanks for caring!

:thumbup:

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:22 pm

Long week......
(must be reading them lunch reports!) - ed

Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:26 am

zapcosongs wrote:Long week......
(must be reading them lunch reports!) - ed

Ed, try here:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=4246

You are really slacking off if you are not reading every thread on this board.

Kit

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:15 pm

OK - I think I messed up the thread. I posted pics under "Back with Photos". Thanks to the Ed. for trying to help with that. I'm going to have to get another guitar so I can do better with my photos and posts! Thanks to all for taking an interest. I'll do better.