Newbie from North Carolina

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:25 pm

:happy0065: Just won a "second chance" auction on ebay for a George Fullerton Signature Legacy. Haven't been able to do anything more than view the photos and pay the money. Can't wait to get it and just like to say that your discussions made me jump in, sight unseen. Hope I can figure out how to upload pics when it arrives.

Re: Newbie from North Carolina

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:48 pm

emieboo wrote::happy0065: Just won a "second chance" auction on ebay for a George Fullerton Signature Legacy. Haven't been able to do anything more than view the photos and pay the money. Can't wait to get it and just like to say that your discussions made me jump in, sight unseen. Hope I can figure out how to upload pics when it arrives.

Welcome! :greet:

Congrats on your ebay score. When you are ready to post some photos, check out the READ ME FIRST: guitarsbyleo.com History and G&LDP Guidelines post
as we have info on posting photos here on the forum.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:48 am

Thought I would jump in again on this old thread since I am basically still a newby.

I have let my George Fullerton Signature Legacy go since my last post since I have gone through many personal life changes and needed the money.
But things have come around again, (somewhat) and I have recently acquired what I believe to be the last bass guitar I will ever purchase, a L-2500.
I know that with all guitar forums, it doesn't exist until the pics so I hope to get those up an posted soon.

Anyway, it looks like the serial #, GLF21512 puts it somewhere in the early 2000s range, but I will not remove the neck since I am really not a bass player at all and my tech told me that it looked like it didn't need a set up at this time.
So, we gave it some compressed air blasts to clean up the pots and it is good to go.
I went with the 5-string since from what I read, this bass is just about as versatile as you can get in a bass and I might as well learn the instrument on something I can get the most number of sounds possible from.

It's good to read the forum again and check out the old and new posts.
I will update later when I get to taking pics.
Bye.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:52 pm

Hi emieboo, :greet:

Welcome and congrats on winning the second chance, that makes even more special. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

I'm an ASAT guy but the George Fullerton sig model is one of the few non-ASAT's I would buy. Congrats again and be sure to jump in often.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:55 am

Maybe I shouldn't have jumped into my old post because people always go to the top for the post topic.
I don't have the GF Sig anymore and the post was given because I had acquired a L-2500.

I guess a new thread would have been appropriate and it would probably be better to step over to bassesbyleo and post there.

Sorry for the confusion.