Finally registered. for the forum

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:47 pm

I registered my ASAT HB Special Build not long after I got it in 2008 (edit - fixed year), but somehow didn't get around to registering on the forum until now :eh: The HB was my introduction to G&L, and it made quite an impression. From the tone, the look and the feel, down to the case and certificate, everything about this guitar says it was made by people who care about the product leaving their factory. The HB is a keeper, but I've sure been thinking about adding a new F-100...

To add some value to the post -

-Lee
Last edited by LeeW on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Finally registered. for the forum

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:19 pm

Greetings LeeW!

Fantastic looking guitar, kind of like a mullet... business up front party in the back. ;)

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:48 pm

Great guitar! There aren't too many around of them so you have quite the trophy there.

- Jos

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:09 pm

Thanks for the welcome, guys. Ahryn - I like to think of my HB as wearing a tuxedo t-shirt. It says "I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party." YWS - Just as your HB page predicted, I ended up there searching for information about our unlisted rarebirds. I dig the stripes in the grain on yours.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:37 pm

Sweet ASAT HB and especially like the color. Does it have a wood binding. It is hard to tell from the picture but she is a beauty. Welcome Leew.-- Darwin

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:51 pm

LeeW wrote:I ended up there searching for information about our unlisted rarebirds.

Welcome! :wave:

This model does not qualify for our Rarebird listing because it is a Special Build.

List of Special Edition & Non-Production ASAT-style guitars

Hope this helps.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:28 pm

Darwin - Thanks for the compliment. There's no binding on the HB; it's just a nice slab of mahogany. The grain shows through nicely in person, but the picture doesn't really show that.
Craig - Poor choice of words on my part. I was simply referring to the fact that the HB is rare and isn't listed anywhere by G&L. Thanks for the tip, all the same, as well as the welcome.