I want to say hello ...

Thu May 05, 2011 2:09 pm

I wanted to say hello and after posing for a while and considering all the angles, including purchase price and even a used mid-90’s ASAT Classic for $600, I finally ordered my Tribute Series Bluesboy SH with Sunburst finish and received a 10% discount since the music store was having an anniversary sale in April. I waited only a week and once I got over the physical newness of it have found that I love to play it. Of course it’s brand new, which means the frets are right up there and it’s properly set up from the factory. Initially, I have to say that I found that the edging paint of f-hole showed some ever so slight over/under paint spray inconsistency but that was it and hardly noticeable. Just the same it is beautifully detailed and a real looker. Hardly a factor I found out.

Just this morning I plugged into my Marshall VS100 and boy did that humbucker sound the sweetest ever. I’d been playing it through my Fender Blues Jr NOS since taking it home 3 weeks ago and hadn’t experienced that pickup in quite the same way. I can’t wait to get back up playing.

I wanted to share this news with all of you. My G&L has been registered and photographed. (Check the Gallery and search for “Rick”. You’ll see it lying on the bed with the tag still on it the day I took it home.)

The Fender MIM Strat (Deluxe Players) I bought back in 2005, though it’s always sound good, came with slight blems here and there in the finish. I even told myself at the time that I should be happy and not to expect more for the money since it was an import. With this new Bluesboy I don’t have the same feeling since there doesn’t seem to be anything to “accept” about its build quality. It’s well done and I thank G&L very much for making me feel good about my purchase. :happy0065: The gig bag is first class!

That’s all I’ve got for now. Glad to be part of the G&L Band!

BluzDaddy

Re: I want to say hello ...

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:40 am

haha! Congrats, sounds like you have your hands full with a nice piece. I'm putting in an order very soon and it seems like it's not soon enough. ;P

Last bumped by BluzDaddy on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:40 am.