Greetings everyone!!!

Thu May 05, 2011 12:35 pm

Hey guys just checking in from NJ. I'm not an official G&L owner yet, but I'll be putting an order in very soon for an ASAT Special. Now if I can only decide on the color!!! That is my big dilemma.

So what do you think?
2 Tone Sunburst, Tortise guard, Rosewood board, natural binding
Honey, Tortise, Rosewood (not sure if natural binding would even show on a straight honey finish)
Natural, Tortise, Rosewood

After playing an ASAT Special and looking at all your guitar pics, I can forsee a G&L addiction. :evilgrin:
Feel free to post pics here of any of the color schemes that I mentioned. I never get tired of looking at guitar pics and I'll post mine as soon as it arrives!

Good to meet you all,
Jason

Re: Greetings everyone!!!

Thu May 05, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi Jason. The honey looks spectacular (check out today's lunch report to see Gitman001's honey with a pearloid pickguard). I'm not a fan of tortoise shell pickguards myself, but I do prefer the honeyburst over the traditional sunburst. There's something much sweeter about it.

Thu May 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Welcome Jason. Where in NJ? I am in Cherry Hill. I have an old ASAT that has the big MFD pickups they use in the special. Actually, they're slightly different but really similar. I love that guitar.

Thu May 05, 2011 4:12 pm

After seeing Gitman's honeyburst Bluesboy on today's LR, I vote for honeyburst too. What a classic finish. :thumbup:

Thu May 05, 2011 6:23 pm

Hello again and thanks for the warm welcome.

For some reason I have this love for tortoise shell pickguards. I dunno, they kinda have that reverse pearloid vibe going. I do tend to like the darker end of the guitar color spectrum, but Gitmans HB is pretty ridiculous...And I know Southpawguy has another HB that I like. I do wanna see more straight up Honey finishes though...And I think I've seen every one that is currently posted on the internet. :lol:

I got a few weeks before I place the order so who knows what will happen in the end...Posted I will keep you.

Jason

brianr0131, I'm in Pompton Lakes. In between Wayne and Ringwood.

Thu May 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Jason, if you like darker colors here is a Candy Apple Red Legacy with a Tortoise pickguard.-- Darwin

Thu May 05, 2011 9:26 pm

I vote for 2 tone sunburst with the binding, honeyburst with anything but white pearloid would look weird to me, Nat with tort and rosewood fretboard has a real acoustic look to it (or at least to me).

Fri May 06, 2011 6:10 am

JasonM wrote:Natural, Tortise, Rosewood
Feel free to post pics here of any of the color schemes that I mentioned.

Hi Jason,

Here' s one, a Z-2. In addition it has tortoise binding which I can guarantee you G&L won't do anymore. But black binding would be great too.

- Jos

Edit: Fix image link after album was lost.
Last edited by yowhatsshakin on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 06, 2011 9:32 am

yowhatsshakin wrote:
JasonM wrote:Natural, Tortise, Rosewood
Feel free to post pics here of any of the color schemes that I mentioned.

Hi Jason,

Here' s one, a Z-2. In addition it has tortoise binding which I can guarantee you G&L won't do anymore. But black binding would be great too.

- Jos

This is one of my favorites too, figures the binding was such a pain in the ass. Never even thought about black binding on the top, good suggestion.