Loooong time lurker, first time poster.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:22 pm

Hello all from the not so frigid wilderness of British Colombia Canada, the name is Ahryn and although I ordered my first G&L (an ASAT Special Deluxe No Top in tobacco sunburst with a #1 rosewood satin neck and black painted headstock, locking tuners Graph-tech nut.) all the way back in February (from the fabulous folks at Pro Guitar Shop) its only now that I have found time to post an intro, unfortunately it looks like I am still 2 and a half weeks from receiving it so no pics.... yet! but I am very exited! it will be my first electric made in North America (I also own a squier CV 50's tele that just spoke to me from the guitar rack at L&M that I may esquire one day....) I am also primarily an acoustic player my first Guitar being a 2008 Norman B20 HG (Canadian made!) and a Yamaha FG 412 12 string from '98 that I picked up for 69.99! but thats another story for another time... anywho I seem to have rambled on a bit so lets make this interesting, what server do you guys prefer to upload photos? and why?

Re: Loooong time lurker, first time poster.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:27 pm

Welcome Ahyrn. Looking forward to the photos of that guitar. I've been using photobucket.com as a photo thing. It's free and has plenty of storage space.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:24 pm

welcome...
i also prefer Photobucket...
i have a Squier CVC Tele...China making some darn nice guitars now...but selling mine as my ASAT Classic S replaces it..

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:09 pm

blargfromouterspace wrote:Welcome Ahyrn. Looking forward to the photos of that guitar. I've been using photobucket.com as a photo thing. It's free and has plenty of storage space.

Thanks Blarg, photobucket it is. I'll just have to find some time to learn the ropes and maybe snap a few test pics.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:18 pm

BadJaxx wrote:welcome...
i also prefer Photobucket...
i have a Squier CVC Tele...China making some darn nice guitars now...but selling mine as my ASAT Classic S replaces it..

Yeah I figure that if I esquire mine then I could have that "traditional" tele type twang sound and I could use the ASAT to cover everything else.... of course then an ASAT 50 will have to find its way to me and completely replace it :lol:.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:03 am

Welcome, Ahryn! Congrats on the guitar order. I got my new Legacy HB about the time you ordered your ASAT, and I just love the smell everytime I open the case! I'm sure you'll love the guitar!

As for photos, I've been using Picasa, which is Google's free photo editing software. If you already have a Google account, you get quite a bit of storage space for photos, and Picasa will upload directly to your site, where you can share or link to the photos. If you don't have a Google account already, it's also free to sign up for one.

I started using Picasa, just because it's so easy to manage and edit your photos. When I realized I could upload directly to the web using Picasa, that was the icing on the cake!

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:16 am

Cool, I didn't consider Picassa but now its in the running. specially with the editing function... I've always tried to have good editing software even if I didn't have a good camera, in fact I was looking at pulling the trigger on a nice sony DSLR when things fell together to order the ASAT, guess maybe I'll get that next. Mayyyyybe after a new amp :D.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:01 pm

Hey Ahryn. I've got a Norman B18 (the B20's cedar-topped cousin) and a FG 412 12. The Normans are fantastic guitars. Great tone and solid tops for the price and the craftsmanship is remarkable. I shudder when I see people walking out of music stores with laminated junk with better-known names on the headstock.

It's great to have another Canadian on board, which reminds me, I should get around to writing a proper intro for myself.

Looking forward to your pics and impressions when that ASAT arrives.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:39 pm

just one more reason why i think we should bring our troops back...invade Canada...confiscate all the good guitars up there...distribute them to USA guitarists for free....confiscate their oil...and maybe the Newfie gals...:D