Found - one certificate of authenticity

Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:54 am

Hi All,
I have just purchased a Tribute ASAT classic here in the UK on ebay; it came with a gigbag in the pocket of which was a certificate for a US made ASAT classic.
The certificate shows the serial number as CLF53793 and the colour as butterscotch.
I'd like to return the certificate to its rightful owner so can anyone help me track him or her down ?
Thanks

Re: Found - one certificate of authenticity

Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:25 am

Beyond the obvious (contacting the ebay seller) you can try searching the registry. I gave it a shot and the guitar matching that serial number is not registered. Maybe you could register it and then if anyone is looking there for it it will come up.

Hope you enjoy your new ASAT!

Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:34 am

Shoot! I bought a used Legacy a few years ago and didn't get one (didn't know I was supposed at the time!). I was hoping it might be mine! :mrgreen:

If it's not in the registry, it's going to be tough.

As Jamie suggests, it's possible it went with another guitar the e-bay seller had and it was mistakenly put in the wrong case, so that would be the best place to start.

The only other thing you could try would be to contact G&L, they might know who the original instrument was registered to...though I'm guessing it's been sold since and they likely have no idea who owns it now.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:09 am

Thanks for the replies. I should have mentioned that I've already contacted the seller and the registry with no luck. All I can establish is that my guitar was originally purchased with the bag in the U.S so it may have come from the same store as the other guitar -but that obviously doesn't narrow the search much.