My Tribute s500

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:23 pm

Hey, I've got a Tribute S500 (strat style) and I've noticed there is no cover plate on the back (there obviously was one, the screw holes are there) and there are two springs, when you'd think there should be three.... I've had it serviced a couple of times at a local luthier, but it's been in the case for about a year or so and I've just noticed this... did someone forget to put parts back? Can replacement parts be bought? Thanks, Fraser

Re: My Tribute s500

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:59 pm

Fraser wrote:Hey, I've got a Tribute S500 (strat style) and I've noticed there is no cover plate on the back (there obviously was one, the screw holes are there) and there are two springs, when you'd think there should be three.... I've had it serviced a couple of times at a local luthier, but it's been in the case for about a year or so and I've just noticed this... did someone forget to put parts back? Can replacement parts be bought? Thanks, Fraser

Sure sounds like the local luthier might have forgotten to replace them. What servicing did you have him do?
I would check back with him and see if he has any left over parts.

You should be able to get the trem spring from most dealers. For the back trem cover, check eBay. There are a few sellers
who regularly part out G&L Tributes and sell the parts separately.

Hope this helps.

Re: My Tribute s500

Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:57 pm

Welcome, Fraser.

Did you buy the guitar used? The two springs could just have been the previous owners preference on the vibrato system, some people like a light touch. People also leave the cover off to allow for quicker access to adjustments - I never had the back cover on any of the strats I owned.