Greetings Earthlings!

Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:48 pm

hey all
Pretty new to the Forum. Been playing an ASAT special as my #1 axe for over a year now.
Playing guitar for about 23 years. Just sort of put things into high gear over the last 3 or 4 though after a long layoff. Hell, it's cheaper than a sports car (maybe not).
I like rock, sometimes with a little twang. This particular asat I think is a 93. Anyway, the pickups are just the best thing I have ever played. The neck is nice and thin. I can get my whole hand around it. And the action is super low.
I just can't imagine ever having a better guitar. Something about the bit and clarity of this axe that just speaks to me. Thanks for letting me hang out and I look forward to meeting everyone!

Re: Greetings Earthlings!

Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:51 pm

Very nice. I just missed out on one like that. What's that little amp there?

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:46 pm

It's a hughes and kettner 20th anniversary tube 20.
I really love this amp. It gets pretty loud but you can get awesome bedroom tones out of it too.
if I had to only have one amp, I would probably choose this one.
Oh yeah, regarding the lack of a logo on the front, Honestly, my dog ate it.
Seriously, we got a ST Benard puppy and one day I came home and my wife told me the news. He just snatched it off and started chewing.
It's probably in my yard someplace.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:21 pm

mikenov wrote: Oh yeah, regarding the lack of a logo on the front, Honestly, my dog ate it.

:happy0065: Fender will probably steal that idea and start charging an extra $1000 for amps with a 'dog chewed' logo and corners...

That H&K (G&L.... you must like partnership companies ;) ) sounds cool. I really like ~20w amps. I don't need anything louder than that - I use mine as a monitor most of the time and mic it up through a PA. I'm thinking about trading an old guitar for yet another 25w tube amp tomorrow....

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:11 am

Ha ha Love the fender rip.
Yeah man, you should check out one of these. They got blown out on Musicians friend so there are a ton out there that people paid less than $400 for. I paid a ton more and don't regret it a bit. The clean channel is fantasic too. great amp and you can get them for a steal used if you look around.