Hey All...

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:58 am

I'm new here, looking to get a few effects to get the most of what I have. I figure with these three instruments I can get almost any sound. I have been away from playing for some time, but I found these 2 guitars, the Tele and Les Paul, and figured it was time to start agian.

I had a car accident that damaged my fourth finger on my fret hand. Sucks, I have to re-learn everything. Well, here's what I got, and I look forward to talking to you all.

Here's the Les Paul. It's brand new re-issue. I traded a one year old American Deluxe Strat for it. Here's the LP:

Typical LP Neck:

Here's the new Tele I picked up, it is a FENDER, however, it has nothing to do with a Tele, more of an SG with the SD "Pearly Gates" up top and "RP-59" at the bridge, that's a reverse polarity with coil tap:

And check out this neck for the Tele it has beautiful binding around the neck, and completely shaved and inset:

And here's what I've had since 1994. G&L Is the most UNDER RATED instrument made:

And of course you can see the Twin Reverb in the back. My small amp is an ACOUSTIC G60-112

Re: Hey All...

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:20 am

Hi jsup,

Nice set of axes. That is one beautiful ASAT Classic your have there. Like the spalted top Tele too. At first, without reading your description, I thought I was looking at some special ASAT Deluxe until I looked carefully at the bridge and ws missing the coil split switch. But that neck heel is what I cal very 'Carvin'-esque :happy0065: Don't know what it is but there seem to be quite the rage to release spalted maple models. Here are my spalted twins:
Image.

I am not aware of the exact injury on your finger, but I have some experience with the therapeutic workings of playing guitar. Many years ago a fractured my left pinky. When in physiotherapy, I was told that the range of motion would be severely limited and I shouldn't expect too much of it. I followed all their recommended exercises but in addition picked up the guitar again and noodled away trying to use that pinky too. They were quite surprised with the result since the range is only slightly limited and when told how that happened, they would keep that little tidbit in the back of their mind for other patients. So hang in there. Some of it will be painful but if my 'therapy' is any indication, it will pay off.

- Jos

Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:58 pm

Welcome jsup.

I'm a sucker for those LP Goldtops with P90s, I've wanted one for years. Love 'em! THat tele is very interesting too - the Pearly Gtes p/u is a very, very nice one.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:30 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:Hi jsup,

Nice set of axes. That is one beautiful ASAT Classic your have there. Like the spalted top Tele too. At first, without reading your description, I thought I was looking at some special ASAT Deluxe until I looked carefully at the bridge and ws missing the coil split switch. But that neck heel is what I cal very 'Carvin'-esque :happy0065: Don't know what it is but there seem to be quite the rage to release spalted maple models. Here are my spalted twins:
Image.

I am not aware of the exact injury on your finger, but I have some experience with the therapeutic workings of playing guitar. Many years ago a fractured my left pinky. When in physiotherapy, I was told that the range of motion would be severely limited and I shouldn't expect too much of it. I followed all their recommended exercises but in addition picked up the guitar again and noodled away trying to use that pinky too. They were quite surprised with the result since the range is only slightly limited and when told how that happened, they would keep that little tidbit in the back of their mind for other patients. So hang in there. Some of it will be painful but if my 'therapy' is any indication, it will pay off.

- Jos

Those are some nice looking guitars. Here's the link for the Fender:
http://www.fender.com/products/search.p ... 0262600521

As to my injury, I can not straighten out my ring finger. My finger dislocated and they could not put it back in, the bone chipped. As a result they had to cut my finger open and re attach the tendon, a bit lower. As a result I can not bend it all the way, make a fist, or straighten it.

I'm hoping it won't be that much of a hinderance. I seem to be better UP the neck than lower. I'm learning all over again.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:37 pm

blargfromouterspace wrote:Welcome jsup.

I'm a sucker for those LP Goldtops with P90s, I've wanted one for years. Love 'em! THat tele is very interesting too - the Pearly Gtes p/u is a very, very nice one.

Thanks, I traded a American Deluxe Strat for that. I was going to sell it, since they are easy to move, but I really wound up liking it. Now I'm stuck with it.