Newbie from Nashville semi-retired to Alabama

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:49 pm

:greet: Hey gang, I wont go into a long intro, just a note about my G@L Asat. I will get my camera out and take a few pic's so you will know it really exist. I purchased it from Dale Hyatt on April 30th,1989 while at an Atlanta Guitar Show. Serial number G024468, MPL Blonde Signature Series. Long story about Dale and the guitar, will get into that at a later date.
It is my first G@L and only one. In mint condition I only have use this guitar on session, never giged out with it. She was born on 12-15-88.
Look forward to the chats
Jp

Re: Newbie from Nashville semi-retired to Alabama

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:27 pm

Welcome jp. And that is just plain out cool to have purchased an instrument from the 'father' of said model. Looking forward to reading more about it. An I'm jealous. No kidding. :sign0011:

- Jos

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:28 pm

GentlemanJim wrote::greet: Hey gang, I wont go into a long intro, just a note about my G@L Asat. I will get my camera out and take a few pic's so you will know it really exist. I purchased it from Dale Hyatt on April 30th,1989 while at an Atlanta Guitar Show. Serial number G024468, MPL Blonde Signature Series. Long story about Dale and the guitar, will get into that at a later date.
It is my first G@L and only one. In mint condition I only have use this guitar on session, never giged out with it. She was born on 12-15-88.
Look forward to the chats
Jp

Welcome, GentlemanJim! :greet:

We do definitely want to hear your Dale Hyatt story and your G&L ASAT Signature model.

When you get a chance, please do add this guitar to our G&L Registry.

BTW, Did someone swap your 2 and 7 keytop on your keyboard :lol:.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:13 am

Jim:

I'd love to hear any Nashville stories that you have as well and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Welcome to the site. There seems to be a steady presence from the South on this forum.

Tom

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:17 am

Thanks for the welcome. I hope to get the pic's posted today of my Asat and get her listed in the registry. Hope you'll have a great weekend.
Jp

Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:02 pm

Pic's of my 1988 Asat

and when she's pluged in she looks like this

Sun May 01, 2011 3:50 pm

Hey gang, I have try to log in a number of times. It keeps saying I have exceeded my log in attempts and blocks me out. What am I doing wrong. I finally managed to get in early April, but with I came back to post later that day it had lock me out again.
I had to use the specail numbers to verify who I was on this log in. I'm going to stay logged in to see if someone can explain. I'm afarid if I log out I want be able to get back in for another month.
I'd like to answer a few question that were ask on this post and registar my Astat.
Help.............................

Sun May 01, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi jp,

Such a message is not uncommon if you mistype (or fat finger) your password. Make sure you use the right one. But since you're in, that must have happened at least once. Second, make sure there is no malware on your machine. If there is some bot or other app that tries to log in for you and is guessing your password, a similar thing would happen. If you don't have it, get yourself anti-malware software from Norton or McAfee (or another suitable package you can find). Finally, make sure you log out at the end of your session and make sure you have the 'Log me in automatically each session' check box unchecked. It might be your connection goes down once in a while for a short period of time, or more likely that an incorrect password is stored in a cookie such that a login attempt fails. To make sure there is no remnant of anything, clear your browser cache and all your cookies. I hope you know what I'm talking about.

Hope that Craig will come along too and read your post and has some good ideas.

- Jos

Sun May 01, 2011 10:58 pm

GentlemanJim wrote:Hey gang, I have try to log in a number of times. It keeps saying I have exceeded my log in attempts and blocks me out. What am I doing wrong. I finally managed to get in early April, but with I came back to post later that day it had lock me out again.
I had to use the specail numbers to verify who I was on this log in. I'm going to stay logged in to see if someone can explain. I'm afarid if I log out I want be able to get back in for another month.
I'd like to answer a few question that were ask on this post and registar my Astat.
Help.............................

Because you failed to enter your user id/password correctly three times, you were presented
with a visual confirmation (those special numbers/letters you are required to enter). Once you
succeed, you should be able to login normally. But if you fail again three separate times, you will
again be required to enter the visual confirmation. This is a security measure built into the forum
software, so that hacker programs cannot login.

You should be able to login without a problem as long as you enter your user id/password correctly.
Also, you will be periodically logged off due to weekly maintenance (usually on Sunday evenings).
In fact, I just completed this maintenance and will find that you were logged off.

To register your G&L instrument, you will need a guitarsbyleo.com user id/password, which is separate
from the G&L Forum (aka G&LDP).

Hope this helps.

Mon May 02, 2011 6:12 am

Thanks, to both of you, I appreciate the info and I undersatnd completely..........
J/p

Wed May 04, 2011 11:41 am

Hey Gentleman Jim. Nice and short. I like it. Welcome aboard. I see you managed to "Tronify" your ASAT, cool! Looking forward to hearing all your stories.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:57 am

Hey gang,
Sorry I havn't been around in a long time, just so busy. Where's the time go. I was wondering if anyone would know the approx. value of my Asat. Trying to find a good source for guitar insurance.
Jimbo

Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:59 am

Hi Jimbo,

I can give you some prices based on the listing in the most current Blue Book for your ASAT III Sig.
  • NEW: $1,815-$1,980
  • MINT: $1,595-$1,740
  • EXC+: $1,375-$1,500
  • EXC: $1,210-$1,320
I included the 10%-20% markup for it being a signature, hence the price range instead of a firm number. f you have some provenance documenting previous ownership by Dale there is another variable uptick in the value which is entirely personal and will be what the market bears.

Hope this helps,

- Jos

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:53 pm

Thanks Jos, this will help a lot.
My ASAT is mint and yes I have all my document'S from Dale Hyatt, invoice, sales order sign by Dale, ie.
Thanks again
Jim

Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Welcome Jim,
Great to hear you have had a chance to meet Dale. He is a great guy and unfortunately a mostly unsung hero at G&L. He does get some acknowledgement here though.
Fred

Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:41 am

Hello everyone,
Once again its been a while since I've been on the forum. I was playing my Asat the other day and thinking about Dale. I goggled his name only to find out he had passed away.
I read the comments made on another post and can only echo the feelings.
I am very blessed to have spent a day around such a great man and to have purchase my one and only G&L Guitar from same.
RIP my friend

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:36 am

GentlemanJim wrote:Hello everyone,
Once again its been a while since I've been on the forum. I was playing my Asat the other day and thinking about Dale. I goggled his name only to find out he had passed away.
I read the comments made on another post and can only echo the feelings.
I am very blessed to have spent a day around such a great man and to have purchase my one and only G&L Guitar from same.
RIP my friend

+1