Newbie from UK

Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:30 pm

Hello everyone.

I am new to this new forum. I'm a big G&L fan based in the midlands area of the UK (Birmingham to be precise). I own an ASAT classic (3-tone sunburst / swamp ash) tribute series and just before christmas I managed to track down a spalted maple USA Legacy with a maple neck. I am hoping to get it shipped for March 2011.

I cannot wait!!!!!!

Anyway, just thought I would say hi and say that G&L has a big cult following over here...but we need more USA models to be shipped to dealers!!!!!!!!! :happy0065:

I have only been playing about 2.5 years, and am too old to ever get as good as the kids get (dont get the practice time). But I love trying to close to the tone and phrasing of Clapton & Peter Green on my G&L (I will never get there - but the journey is enjoyable)

Re: Newbie from UK

Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:03 pm

Welcome Dr.B. Those spalted maple guitars look fantastic - let's see some pictures!!!

Your screen name has reminded me of a classic Simpsons moment, Dr Nick Riviera's TV commercial:

"Call 1-800-DOCTORB. The 'B' is for Bargain!"

Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:13 pm

That's awesome man welcome. I have an ASAT classic tribute as well, although mine is natural finished. Amazing guitars, I couldn't believe the price that I saw after I played it. I too have had my eyes on a few USA models since I realized how great G&L was...I need a money tree

Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:27 pm

blargfromouterspace wrote:Welcome Dr.B. Those spalted maple guitars look fantastic - let's see some pictures!!!

I certainly will do when it arrives. I am counting the days....I'm 40 years old in March and I am planning to have it shipped by then. Its paid for - i just need to save for the import charge and delivery.

Your screen name has reminded me of a classic Simpsons moment, Dr Nick Riviera's TV commercial:
"Call 1-800-DOCTORB. The 'B' is for Bargain!"

Classic :D .... I aspire to be Dr Nick Riviera :happy0065:

Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:34 pm

chedwerks wrote:That's awesome man welcome. I have an ASAT classic tribute as well, although mine is natural finished. Amazing guitars, I couldn't believe the price that I saw after I played it. I too have had my eyes on a few USA models since I realized how great G&L was...I need a money tree

Thanks man - and thanks for the welcome. The natural finish is to die for - any pics?
Like you - i was stunned by the price - swamp ash, USA pickups, excellent build quality for under £500!!!! - I love the tribute concept as it certainly gets you into the brand. Most people I know with a tribute go on to get a USA one at some point in the future.

I was going to get a legacy in black, black PG, white PU and white knobs with a vintage tint maple neck (think dave gilmour) - but could not decide between that or a sunburst option - anyway - i spotted the spalted maple custom creation and i was sold on that