Newbie Introduction

Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Well, I'm a new G&L owner. I've been playing guitar on and off for about 25 years, mostly acoustic.

Was on vacation today and decided to waste some time today with my father at a couple of local guitar stores. I've been drooling over G&L's for a while, so I told my wife before I left, "The only way I'm coming home with a guitar today is if I find a G&L Legacy for $300!" So, at the second shop, what is on the floor. A used Blueburst for a little more than what I had said i'd spend. And it's in absolutely mint condition. I spent about 45 minutes playing it and arm wrestling with myself. Needless to say, I came home with it. :banana: So far, I absolutely love it.

Hoping to pick peoples brains and meet some new friends here.

Re: Newbie Introduction

Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:59 pm

Welcome LouL. That sounds like quite the score!

Around here nobody will believe that you have one until you post pictures, kind of an unwritten rule. We love seeing pics!

Be sure to visit the Lunch Report's section of the forum - it's a great place to chat.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:06 pm

Welcome, sounds like a awesome score if it was not far outside your range. Unless you are talking about an import anyway, still great.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:07 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I belong to enough other websites to know about pictures, but I couldn't find the camera yesterday. here they are:

As I said, I'm loving it. I've mostly been an acoustic player, but always liked dabbling with the electrics. This was the first really nice electric I've ever owned. Now I need to concentrate on improving my playing, because my current skill level doesn't do this guitar justice. :mrgreen:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:51 pm

You got a remarkable deal on a wonderful guitar. Congratulations and welcome! - ed