Hello from a newbie

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:27 am

Figured it would be proper to introduce myself before asking my questions. My name is Don and though I now live in Oberlin, OH, I was born and raised in NE Texas. I'm 55 years old and very much a beginning guitar player. I have an Epiphone acoustic that I bought new about 40 years ago and a Seagull S6 acoustic/electric that I bought a couple of years ago. I love the guitar but have never really dedicated myself to learning to play. I have a renewed and very strong interest in doing so now.

I am not yet a G&L owner but am looking to possibly purchase one tomorrow. I am going to post the details in the G&L products area and hopefully get some much needed feedback before making the purchase.

I have already browsed around here a good bit. Looks like a great group of folks and a lot of good information.

Re: Hello from a newbie

Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:12 am

Hi Don.

Welcome.

If you are looking for free online lessons, go here: http://www.justinguitar.com/. This guy is great.

Bill

Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:48 am

Thanks and yes, I'm already on that. I'm such a beginner that I'm still working on the scales. Thanks to Justin's help though, I'm coming along pretty good. Much better than I expected. :) That's a GREAT site and I will be donating to it.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Welcome Don. Electric guitars are waaaaaaaaaay more fun!

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:13 pm

Hi Don! I'm a newbie on here too (sorry guys, I didn't introduce myself properly...eek!) But anyway, another excellent source for instructional videos is nextlevelguitar.com. You can find some of their intro vids on YouTube under the username "rockongoodpeople". They're musicians, they're fun, they're informative! And congrats on the possible new G&L! Great choice! --Lori :D

Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:47 am

Thanks, I'll check that one out also. :)

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:45 am

Hey It's biff725. Welcome To The Board. I Own A 1981 G&l L2000 E Bass And A Fender Vintage Hotrod 57 Guitar But Am Looking To Purchase A Comparable G&l Guitar. Any Suggestions ? Thanx.