Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:29 am

Hi, I'm Jim from Fort Worth. I got my new Tribute S500 today and it is gorgeous and fells and plays great. I'm relatively new to this world. I've been learning to play for about 6 months now My grandson has a S500 and after reading about G&L's, I had to have my own. OH, I'm 63, starting late.

Re: New Member

Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:26 pm

Hey Jim,
Welcome to the forum. And one is never too old to learn new stuff :happy0065:

- Jos

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:12 pm

Howdy Jim,

Welcome to the club! You'll find more answers, opinions and GAS enablers than you can imagine. :angel:

You are lucky to have a grandson that has lead you down this golden road. Yes, the G&L road is a golden path and thankfully you are here now.

Enjoy yer geetar and please post a picture, we want to see it and you will soon learn, it doesn't exist without proof. :evilgrin:

Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Welcome Jim. There has been a huge amount of talk, mostly praise, about the S-500 in the last week or so - I'll have to get one one day to find out.

Enjoy the learning curve. If you want any help or tips for learning we'd be glad to help you out!

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:19 am

Hey Howdy Jim.
Welcome.
Gotta love S500's (I have one, and a Tribute Legacy).
Never quit, or sell your golf clubs (or tools).

Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:21 pm

OK...I'll use your intro to do mine. I have a Legacy that I bought used in May of '94. The guitar is in perfect condition and sounds great through my Peavey Classic 50/410. She's clear forest green on her swamp ash body. I typically play acoustic guitar since I don't have a band or jam buddies but I love to plug the Legacy in and wail away. I did block the trem with a piece of poplar that I cut...couldn't stand the detune/ghost tones I got with the DF trem when bending strings. She's a hardtail now and solid as a rock. I have read a lot and learned a lot on this forum so far...glad to be here.