just got my first g&L

Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:07 pm

Hey everybody, just picked up my first G&L. It's a Legacy Tribute, black w/ a pearl pickguard. It's got a GFS Lil Killer p'up in the bridge. I got it used but it looks brand new. It joins my Ibanez RG & Dean V.

Serial # is 070942065. Can someone tell me when it was made?

Thanks,

Joe

Re: just got my first g&L

Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:22 pm

razor_fever wrote:Hey everybody, just picked up my first G&L. It's a Legacy Tribute, black w/ a pearl pickguard. It's got a GFS Lil Killer p'up in the bridge. I got it used but it looks brand new. It joins my Ibanez RG & Dean V.

Serial # is 070942065. Can someone tell me when it was made?

Thanks,

Joe

Congratulations! :happy0065:

All of the G&L Tributes have the build year and month encoded in the serial number.
See Serial number significance in our G&L Knowledgebase, General G&L Questions sub-forum.

Your's was built in September of 2007.

When you get a chance, please add it to our G&L Registry.

Oh, I almost forgot, there are some here who require photo proof - otherwise it does not exist. :lol:
Check the guitarsbyleo.com History and G&LDP Guidelines as there is a section on posting photos.

Hope this helps.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:48 pm

Hey Joe,

Welcome to the club, post pics, the black with pearl guard sounds sweet. :alright:

Rumor is black guitars sound better, whatcha think?

Keep poking round here tons of G&L info to be shared.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:55 pm

Thanks for the info. Here are a few pics. I was looking for a cheap strat knock-off just to take to my lessons, and found this for sale on the Dean forums. I am very impressed with the quality, playability, and sound of this guitar.

It's hard to believe it's 3+ years old. There are a few minor scratches but that's it.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:44 am

That looks like a great axe!

I bought my Legacy from Music-Go-Round online in 2008 and it looked like it had just come out of the box...hardly any signs of use. When I took the neck off to check the build date it showed March 1998! In no way did it look like a 10-yr old instrument! It is wonderful to find instruments like that...especially in contrast to the '03 Les Paul I bought in 2007 which looked like it was 10-yrs old! Fortunately it cleaned up nicely with a little effort!

I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of that Legacy!