Hello from Melbourne, Australia.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:35 pm

Hi there fellow G&L users. I have been a Fender man for the last 10 years or so and just felt like trying something a little more contemporary and different.
I just picked up a Legacy Deluxe HSS strat on ebay and it will be arriving in the next day or so.
I usually bring one acoustic and one electric to gigs so I like my electrics to be fairly versatile and very reliable. My acoustic is actually a Godin Kingpin 2 which is more of an archtop but does great acoustic tones.
I have no doubts the G&L will be a great workhorse for me and its a beautiful looking guitar too which I am sure will inspire me to practise a bit more!
Cheers,
Scott

Re: Hello from Melbourne, Australia.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:09 pm

Welcome Scott. That is some beauty :happy0065: Don't forget to register it if you haven't done so already.

- Jos

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:16 pm

Scott...your guitar is over-the-top gorgeous. If that doesn't inspire you to practice you might as well lock up and go home.

Cheers
G

Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:33 pm

Wow! She's gorgeous. Let us know how it compares to your experience playing Fenders when you have chance. I am sure you will be pleased with the quality that G&L puts out.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:02 pm

Hi Scott, I'm in Melbourne too. I watched that guitar with interest on EBay. You got a great deal on it!

Hope it plays as good as it looks.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:44 pm

Another Mebournite! Welcome Scott. Nice guitar

Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:34 pm

That is indeed a beautiful guitar!

Suddenly I think mine has too much plastic on it! :?

Your guitar is stunning!

Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:35 pm

Thanks gents, can't wait to get my grubby lil mitts on her!

I am running an Egnater Renegade 112 combo and a couple stomp boxes and I reckon it will go well with the new addition!

Where in Melbourne are you guys? I was renting in Sth Yarra but have moved down to Gippsland (where I can actually afford to buy a house!) and mainly gig down here. I do miss gigging in Melbourne though. The crowds are a bit more appreciative of the music.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:54 am

Hey Scotti, I used to live in South Yarra too. I moved to Northcote two months ago now, and love it. I'm still renting, there's no way in the world I could afford to buy a place here! The country band I'm with (see my signature) do a few regular gigs in Gippsland, in Bass, Traralgon and a few other places, I've only just joined them and haven't been out there much. As for gigging in Melbourne, especially in the CBD, I find parking to be an expensive nightmare I'd rather not deal with!

Be sure to post some more pics when you get the guitar, and let us know if you like the way a G&L feels. Be warned - they are addictive....

Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:12 am

Wow, thats a gorgeous Legacy...congrats and welcome!

Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:15 pm

Wow!
Welcome!
Wow! - ed

PS: Is it my imagination or are we being taken over (Under?). Personally, I'm happy for it. Please pass the the Iced Vovo..... ;+)

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:51 am

Haha, thanks gents! Iced vovo's, I haven't seen them for years. Must find out if they still make them.

I am hoping it will arrive today! The wait is killing me!

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:48 pm

Where in Melbourne are you guys?

Hi Scotti,

I'm in Forest Hill, in the middle eastern 'burbs. Home of the shopping mall and monster 4WD. My last job was in Sth Yarra/Prahran and our band used to practice in a big share house on Williams Rd. Gippsland would be a pleasant change from the evening gridlock!

Don't forget to give us a post-delivery report on the new Legacy......

Cheers,

Phil.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Scotti wrote: Iced vovo's, I haven't seen them for years. Must find out if they still make them.

I take it you've been married a while then, Mate? ;+) - ed

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:54 pm

Oh, Ed, no.......

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:40 am

Yes, married 10 painful years! Just kidding I am a luck man and the wife has saved me from myself on a number of occassions! :thumbup: