Hello from Idaho

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:23 pm

Hi folks. New "kid" on the block. My love of G&L began with Legacy I bought used. I honestly believe it is the pretty sunburst guitar I ever laid eyes (I don't have a photo handy to post yet) and as I've learned guitar late in life, I've learned to treasure it's tone too. I also fell in love with the sound of an ASAT Special with MFD pckups a couple years ago. I simply can't believe the difference between the sound of that guitar and the Telecasters sitting beside it in the guitar shop.
I'm hoping to build my own strat type guitar with MFD pickups but I'm not real confident of my skills in figuring the wiring, etc. I hope to listen and learn here.

Re: Hello from Idaho

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:38 am

Hello! & Welcome! I'm new here as well. I have a 2000 ASAT Classic, in sunburst with a roewood neck. I love the guitar.

Re: Hello from Idaho

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:23 am

Those ASAT specials are real brain farkers. I wanted a classic until I played one, the pickups and the bridge were big drives for me, I love the twang it still gets, but the hugeness that goes with it. My weapon of choice for single coils, and G&Ls.

Welcome Aboard.