Another Newbie

Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:02 pm

Hello everyone, I tried posting a little earlier, but for some reason the page wouldn't load when I hit the submit button. So apologies if it shows up twice!

I've been lurking here for a while, and thanks to everyone here. I've learned a lot by reading your posts and the knowledgebase. I bought my first G&L in 1986. I went into the store to buy a Charvel and walked out with a hot pink Rampage! The Rampage just had a better feel than the Charvel. I liked the guitar so much I had to overlook the color! Unfortunately for me, I was influened by brand names at the time, and in 1992 I traded the Rampage for a Les Paul Standard. Didn't take long for me to regret it, and I've never been able to replace that guitar with one that had such a great feel and sound.

I've gotten back in to G&L with the release of the new Cantrell model Rampages. I've recently bought a Tribute Rampage to hold me over until I can order a USA model. I have to say, I am very shocked and impressed with the quality and feel of the import Ramage. It is a very well made guitar. I also have a 1998 USA Jackson Sl1, and even though it defies logic, I prefer the Rampage over the Jackson! Sorry to ramble, I'm just looking forward to talking guitars with everyone here!

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Another Newbie

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:04 pm

welcome!!!

i just traded a honey burst lp standard for my reissue rampage! lol, i love it. my brothers original 87 rampage got me hooked on it. ill take this one to my grave!! lol, any pics of your old pink rampage?? dont see them to often

Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:50 pm

Yeah I was looking at your reissue Rampage. It looks awesome! I'm hoping to get one of each variation, an original from the 80's, the reissue like yours, and a current USA. There's just something about the feel of the Rampage. I like the simplicity to it. One pickup, one knob! Lol! They have a great vintage rock tone imo. I will have to look for an old picture of the old pink one.

Dave

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:03 am

thanks man! everybody that doesnt have a clue of what they are, pull the "looks just like a plain jane strat to me".. lol not even close. there the best feeling guitars i have ever picked up. kinda like me always having atleast one foxbody mustang. ill always have a rampage!! haha, yea id love to see pics of your old one!!