Hope I'm more successful with the new to me G&L than....

Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:01 pm

...loggin into the G&LPD discussion page! First, thanks Craig for
navigating me through the maze, Second, thank whoever is responsible that there IS a forum to share ideas/info/developments in the field of owning/playing/enjoying the G&L products!

About me--if you care--I'm a newbie (not young enough to have gotten the 'itch' from a computer game by the same name) but being a "Guitar Hero" for my own sense of self satisfaction is something I've longed for. I'm a buck novice. I'll be trying the formidable task of not only trying to learn to play but to figure out what pickup does what sound and when to use it!

So I'd like to ask the rank and file to comment if they're willing how best to learn be it on my new to me Comanche, (or any rig) and once I've got the fundamentals down what can and cannot realistically be played on a Stratocaster based instrument like the Comanche.

Look forward to reading at length about tuning, lead riffs, string choice, etc with that "deer in the headlights" look until I get a little up to speed.

So the sooner you suggest a plan or program to start my learning (You Tube even?) the sooner I can start--trying to use my age and experience wisely by doing it right the first time as far as learning guitar goes.

Thanks,

Russell Moss
Springfield, OR

Re: Hope I'm more successful with the new to me G&L than....

Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:47 pm

Welcome Russell,

I don't know where it hides, but there is a huge article about the pickups on a commanche, from what I gather it is not what can they do, but what can't they do. They are supposed to be an extremely versatile guitar. I don't have a commanche though ,so cannot help you there. My G&L is a arrived yesterday ASAT special w/ the works (custom build).

As far as playing in general goes, I'll help where I can but I am an odd fellow, a bassist really, probably a intermediate/advanced guitarist I guess. I play hybrid style and alt picking, but their is little method to my madness. I'll help where I can.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:02 pm

Here is the "Comanche for dummies" (no disrespect...thats just the title) :)

penned by BoogieBill:

http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1329

That's a good place to start.
Navigating this board can be trying at times, but it is relatively new and still taking suggestions for improvements.

http://guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2036

There is alot of good info here...and daily lunch reports to keep things interesting.
welcome aboard!

Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:32 pm

ComancheStudent wrote:...loggin into the G&LPD discussion page! First, thanks Craig for
navigating me through the maze, Second, thank whoever is responsible that there IS a forum to share ideas/info/developments in the field of owning/playing/enjoying the G&L products!

Welcome, Russell (and you are welcome) :greet:

You should check out the guitarsbyleo.com History and G&LDP Guidelines post.

Also, check out the G&L Knowledgebase forum. That's were the
thread that Elwood pointed you to, resides (in the General G&L Questions subforum).
If you don't find answers to your questions, don't hesitate to post them either there or in the Let's talk G&L Instruments forum. Hopefully someone will help with answers. ;)

When you get a change, do post a photo or two of your Comanche. Some folks here require photo evidence. :lol:

Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:09 am

Hey Russell. Glad to see you here. After we met, I thought to myself that the Comanche couldn't have gone to a nice dude. Have fun with it.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:46 pm

Thank you all for a nice welcome to the
" GBL " Forum..and an especially nice welcome
to the instruments former owner, Paul P., for taking
the time and effort to explain and demonstrate the
unique features of the guitar. Can't think of a nicer
guy I'd like to do business with in a dark parking lot
either! haha

I THINK "Pico's" post was supposed to say "couldn't have
gone to a nice(R) guy" above hahahaha

Thanks in advance, everyone on answering my non-RTFM
type silly questions going forward!