Hello from Shrewsbury, England, UK...

Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:50 am

Hello All,

I've finally got around to joining the G&LDP. I've been a 'lurker' here for a long time, but have now signed up as a member - if only to be able to change the default colour scheme from that vile green text on a black background. Sorry to whoever created that colour scheme. I much prefer this silvery / light blue colour scheme. Much easier on my old man's eyes.

I've updated the Registry too to list my two G&Ls; a Legacy HB USA in natural gloss with a tortoiseshell pickguard, and an ASAT SD USA in blueburst. Both are truly beautiful guitars and my prized possessions. I ordered the Legacy as a 'new-build' for myself via a dealer in Plymouth (England). The ASAT was bought 'off-the-peg' from the same dealer.

I'm in the United Kingdom. I hope you have a good number of members from the United Kingdom? I used to have a Fender MIM Stratocaster (in Chrome Red), but sold that on when I 'discovered' G&L.

Well, that's me for now.

Bill Evans

Re: Hello from Shrewsbury, England, UK...

Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:32 am

Welcome Bill. Good to see more members from the UK. I relate to the old eyes thing. I am peering at this through bifocals. Have a great day--- Darwin.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:45 am

Welcome to the forum Bill. Now, beyond a sax player and piano player, I know a guitar player named Bill Evans ;)

Oh, there is an unwritten rule here. Without pictures, guitars do not exist!

- Jos

Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Bill, welcome to the community. I've never been to Shrewsbury, but I dated a cute little blonde in high school whose last name was Shrewsbury.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:10 am

Hello All,

I signed up 8th October and now see that 55 new members have joined since then! That's approx. 18 per week. At this rate, maybe we'll have 850 by Christmas?

Let's all try to recruit a couple of new members each and try for the 1,000 figure early in 2011?

Bill

Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:40 pm

BillEvans1956 wrote:Hello All,

I've finally got around to joining the G&LDP. I've been a 'lurker' here for a long time, but have now signed up as a member - if only to be able to change the default colour scheme from that vile green text on a black background. Sorry to whoever created that colour scheme. I much prefer this silvery / light blue colour scheme. Much easier on my old man's eyes.

I've updated the Registry too to list my two G&Ls; a Legacy HB USA in natural gloss with a tortoiseshell pickguard, and an ASAT SD USA in blueburst. Both are truly beautiful guitars and my prized possessions. I ordered the Legacy as a 'new-build' for myself via a dealer in Plymouth (England). The ASAT was bought 'off-the-peg' from the same dealer.

I'm in the United Kingdom. I hope you have a good number of members from the United Kingdom? I used to have a Fender MIM Stratocaster (in Chrome Red), but sold that on when I 'discovered' G&L.

Well, that's me for now.

Bill Evans

Hi I'm in Birmingham and love my G&L as well...us UK fans need to stick together!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:33 pm

Indeed! The UK has a growing number of G&L devotees. Happy days!!!

Bill

Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:32 pm

BillEvans1956 wrote:Indeed! The UK has a growing number of G&L devotees. Happy days!!!

Bill

I have been thinking about setting up a UK-G&L fansite for sometime now. Current work demands prevent this at the moment - but it would be cool to have a UK-based collective of G&L fans. :D