Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:37 am

hi out there my names Derek and I have just bought a G & L tribute natural telecaster and it,s a fantastic guitar so I decided to join the forum.
I am 46 years old and have been playing only two and a half years now and enjoy every minute hence the new guitar. i live in Halifax West Yorkshire England. Can anyone answer what may sound like a daft question to some but what does the ASAT stand for on the g & L guitars?
Regards Derek

Re: new member

Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:11 pm

Hey there Derek,

Welcome to the board, I am Kyle. Nice to hear you enjoying the new instrument, I have personally never set my sights on G&L tributes but have heard good things. I just tend to 'buy american' when it comes to guitars as a default, even though I live in Canada. Kind of raises the bar in terms of what my new axes have to compete with, so I need consistancy.

ASAT = Anti -Satelite, it is military jargon, unfortunately the guitars have no secret ASAT gun build in :(

Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:26 pm

Hi kyle thanks for the info can,t quite afford the American made G & L,s but the tribute I have is a great guitar. Maybe when I get a bit more experience I,ll get one.
Derek

Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:00 pm

Yeah me too Tim I use a Danelectro overdrive on my other guitar but don,t need it on the G & L
Derek

Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:53 pm

derekt wrote:Hi kyle thanks for the info can,t quite afford the American made G & L,s but the tribute I have is a great guitar. Maybe when I get a bit more experience I,ll get one.
Derek

Sall good man, I have heard nothing bad. I am just snooty effectively. I just sit still until I can buy my coveted treasure. My second electric guitar was a carvin (which I bought myself in my undergrad)... That sets a high bar unfortunately. I kind of wish I could settle for something lesser, instead of just something equal and different.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Welcome, Derek :greet:

You might check out our G&L Knowledgebase. BTW, your question is listed in there, too. ;)

Hope this helps.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:55 am

To both Derek and Yuri: welcome aboard. I hope you find a happy home here.

- Jos

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:07 am

juliew9855 wrote:Hello !
I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !

Absolutely, all newcomers are welcome!

Good day to you :greet:

Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:48 am

Hello,
My name is Andre and I have just bought a used G & L USA L2000. It's a fantastic bass, but unfortunately, it has a serious issue which was not mentionned when I bought it. :cry:
The maple neck has a crack and the bolt of the truss rod does not work. So, it is not possible to adjust the neck.
I am looking after a neck, new or used, and I hope that one of the members will give me some informations about the way for buying a replacement neck. :D
Thank you
Nice day you guy
Andre

Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:12 am

ddracoon wrote:Hello,
My name is Andre and I have just bought a used G & L USA L2000. It's a fantastic bass, but unfortunately, it has a serious issue which was not mentionned when I bought it. :cry:
The maple neck has a crack and the bolt of the truss rod does not work. So, it is not possible to adjust the neck.
I am looking after a neck, new or used, and I hope that one of the members will give me some informations about the way for buying a replacement neck. :D
Thank you
Nice day you guy
Andre

Welcome to the site! :greet:

Sorry to hear about the unmentioned issue with the L-2000. :thumbdown:

Checking the Knowledgebase, you will find this post: What's the deal with replacement necks ?.

And don't forget to register your L-2000 in our G&L Registry.

Hope this helps.