New G&L owner, Love it!....W/ pics

Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Hi everybody, I just got my G&L custom shop ASAT Deluxe yesterday!
Wow! what tone it has. I couldnt believe the intonation on this thing. It plays beautifully, smooth and neat. I play lead in a worship band at my church, and this thing blew away my other axe. I am used to playing single coil pups, so it took some getting used to to find the tones i like. (theres so many options on this thing.) But once i dialed it in, I found myself playing lead on clean channels instead of gain channels for the first time. I actually liked the clean tones better on the lead for a lot of our music this week. I am usually a slight distortion kinda guy for lead but my new G&L just screams big beautiful sustain on the cleans, and sings through anything i throw at it. needless to say i'm happy with my choice, and stoked over my new guitar.
:wave:
Heres a few pics......

Last edited by Ransomx on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: New G&L owner, Love it!

Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:12 pm

Welcome! :greet:

Very nice looking ASAT Deluxe you've got there :thumbup:

When you get a chance, please add it to our G&L Registry.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:45 pm

Nice Axe, welcome aboards!

Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Sweet color! Sweet everything! Welcome to the community.

G

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:26 pm

http://www.axepalace.com/proddetail.asp ... st&cat=146

I found its twin.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:09 am

sirmyghin wrote:http://www.axepalace.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ASAT_DLX_Blackburst&cat=146

I found its twin.

Yeah I bought it from nick over there. Really cool shop, They have some really nice high end pieces.
:clap:

Re: New G&L owner, Love it!....W/ pics

Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:22 am

Good stuff. What did you get 'custom' on it though? I am not seeing anything apparent, aside from no inlays. I have a bun in the oven atm, should be here in november.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:10 pm

No inalys, ebony fretboard, Sperzal locking tuners, thin c neck profile.. Maybe I'm just new to G&L, The options i asked for WERE easily granted. And I may be wrong on the "Custom Shop" description... All I know is that when i called and asked for the one i wanted to have built with these specs, The shop owner told me that he had a custom shop guitar already built that was blackburst instead of clear black....and i liked it from the pictures so i pulled the trigger and now it's mine.
:crazy:

Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:08 pm

nice, like locking tuners, slim C, sounds interesting. I went with the wide (#3) and some other gunk. Nice you got to skip the wait though, its gruesome. I like how light the burst is on that, heavy burst on curly maple should be a sin. Haven't bothered with curly maple since I got my last 2 axes though (might want burl in the future, love me some burl) as they cannot be topped however.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:12 pm

I like it!!

Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:48 pm

Wow! Awesome guitar Ransomx. Doesn't that one have push/pull phase knob?