Greetings!

Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:06 pm

I recently joined the forum, as I have recently returned to the G&L-fold.

I have a '94 Legacy, and just won an eBay auction on an '84 Skyhawk.

Loved G&Ls back when the company first started, and once upon a time had two first year S-500s, a first year F-100, and one of the first Cavaliers manufactured (which I installed a third pup in).

Marriage, kids, responsibilities led me to sell them all long ago and when I recently found a great price on a Legacy on Craigslist, I realized what I had been missing.

Not in a band at the moment, but I am looking.

That's it. Great forum and I look forward to being a part of the community!

:happy0065:

If anyone knows where that Cavalier is, I'd love to see a pic of it, or even better, would love a chance at owning it again!

:confused0007:

Re: Greetings!

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:24 am

ant_riv

Welcome.

I lived in Long Beach, CA., from 82 - 90 and I remember G & Ls showing up in the ma and pa stores. I wish I would have bought a few.

Do you by any chance live in the Seattle area? A Legacy was recently listed on CL for $400. I thought about jumping on it but I really can't afford another guitar. I'm actually in the selling mode right now. :roll:

Tom

Re: Greetings!

Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:34 am

Hello, Tom,
I'm near Chicago.

Yeah the original G&L marketing strategy was to avoid the big-box (no-service) stores and focus on the ma-pa (service, set-up, lessons, etc.) type stores.

George and Leo had this odd idea that service matters. Imagine that!

I did get my Legacy for the same price as the one you mentioned. I thought that was a great price, as it was in like-new condition.

Thanks for the welcome!