Proud Owner

Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:23 am

I've had my mid '80s L-2000 for about 12 years. It has a nice natural finish that is yellowed and checked to perfection with all kinds of wear from years of use. The control plate, bridge, battery cover and neck plate are all black coated (powder coating is the method, no?). Maple neck. I often times long for a vintage jazz bass or p-bass because of their "simplicity" but as long as I have the L-2000, I never can rationalize the investment in another USA made bass. This is the guy! And - NO ONE is ever rocking these (especially vintage ones) at shows that I play around town (Seattle). I hate to brag, but this thing, in conjunction with my SVT Classic (tube), stomps what most bassists turn up to gigs with.

Today is an exciting day because I'm picking up an '80s SC-3 from Emerald City Guitars in Seattle. $600! I had to pick it up! It's "off-black" with a black neck/headstock. Holy smokes... can't wait.

I'll post some pics of the pair soon!

I also am the proud owner of a Rickenbacker 360 fireglow. Someday, I hope to acquire a Rickenbacker bass!

Re: Proud Owner

Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:12 am

Sounds fun, I love having instruments that you feel lik you could take anywhere.

Fireglo ricks are sweet looking beasts. I have been cautioned on the basses though, the bridge is hell to intonate apparently. They do look real nice though, a beast to get ahold of. My "dealer" doesn't even have any, says it takes years after ordering (about 2)

Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:34 pm

Nice price on the SC-3. I love Emerald City Guitars but it's a bit out of my way (Renton). Downtown Seattle can be a bitch. What band do you play in. I'd love to catch the vintage L-200o in action. And yes, it is a classic in it's own right. No need to tuck its tale between its legs when in the presence of vintage J or P basses. :fighting0030:

Tom

Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:18 am

Cool...another Seattleite,

Someday we have to have a Pacific NW G&L gettogether /jam.
Congrats on the SC-3.
Be sure to let us know when and where your upcoming gigs are at.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:14 am

Cool, more Seattle people! The band I play in is called The Titans of Industry. We have a bandcamp page that you can check out our tunes on. Watch the facebook for gigs... check us out and "like" us on there if you are so inclined.

Just picked up a vintage Mateo law-suit jazz bass. Georgetown Music. Plays incredible - sounds like a late 60's jazz bass but with weird japanese lipstick pickups. Not a G&L, but still cool.

The Rickenbacker is getting a setup now with really heavy strings for a low C-based open tuning... excited to get that back.