longing for my first G&L ASAT

Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:05 pm

hi. newbie here. i have been planning on purchasing my first G&L ASAT. to be honest, i am a little overwhelmed about the different models, differences between the older and newer models, and differentiating which models were built where. i hope i can find all the information and a great support group here. thanks for having me, and i apologize in advance for any ridiculously stupid questions!

Re: longing for my first G&L ASAT

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:34 am

Ridiculously stupid questions?
Don't be silly. What do you think the S in SJG stands for?
Ask away.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:53 am

I am in the same boat as you, welcome aboard. I get to order mine this weekend though :D

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:04 am

good to hear...and congratulations. i am excited to be a part of this community.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:29 am

I don't know if congratulations are in order, I will have to wait about 90 days give or take to get it afterward, putting in for custom.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:48 am

that's a great way to make sure you get what you want! i think i was reading one of your posts earlier, where you trying to get an one without a pick guard? something in orange maybe?

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:45 am

That is the one, I am getting it with a pickguard now, but I plan to replace it with a very special pickguard that I think will look amazing. Not to mention very unique. I won't say anything else until I get the guitar, and the PG. Debating whether I would like a belly cut or not. If they can do forearm cuts, whether I want it bound (vetoes forearm). Natural or white binding (normally don't like plastic binding but it looks good on these ASATs.