Greetings from Finland

Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:15 am

Hey folks, new member, longtime G&L owner and lurker. I'm an American who has permanently immigrated to Finland.

My 2nd electric guitar was a 1983 SC-1 which I got second-hand in 1986 from a high-school classmate. I disassembled that guitar shortly after with intent to refinish it and never got around to it. I have the body and neck in storage here, unfortunately the hardware is long gone.

In 2011 I picked up a 1997 S-500 in blue burst. That guitar has largely sat in its case until last weekend when I took it out to set it up and give it the love it deserves.

In the process of disassembling the S-500, I noticed an interesting dual-gang pot modification on the bass cut circuitry. Once I figure out how to post some photos here, I'll create a new post on it... perhaps someone can help solve the mystery.

Oh, can we talk about basses here? I'm actually a bass player, hence the guitars that sit around without getting attention. I also have a Tribute L2000, but I hated the tribute bass necks, and have since put a fender jazz neck on it. I love that bass.

Re: Greetings from Finland

Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:45 am

Welcome... Certainly you can discuss bass guitars here. There is also another forum, bassesbyleo.com, where you will find additional content and members who discuss G&L basses.

Re: Greetings from Finland

Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:56 pm

Welcome to our site! :wave:
We cover all G&L instruments and BBE products on the G&LDP.
See this post, as it has the details for posting including Tutorials for posting photos, videos and audio files:
Welcome! Read This First.

Hope this helps.