Hello from Wisconsin

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:03 pm

Hi everybody. I bought my first G&L guitar today. And it won't be my last. It's a Tribute Legacy in Sunburst. With a rosewood neck. The neck feels like it was made just for me. I think the frets are the perfect size. It's so nice to buy a guitar and not have to think about what your going to upgrade first. I have owned my fair share of Fenders in the past. Including an American Stratocaster And American 70's semi hollow Tele. IMHO this guitar blows the Strat away! It sounds more like a Strat then my Strat did. Although not exactly like a Strat. As you all know it has it's own vibe. Like a Strat on steroids. Purchasing it was the strangest thing. I found a Parker on CL a few weeks ago. Did a trade with a guy. And then found the G&L on CL. It turns out to be the same guy. He's a very nice guy. But what are the odds??? He put on a set of Planet Waves self cutting,locking tuners. They are the slickest things. I never even heard of them before. He said something that kind of made sense. I was commenting on how great the guitar was. And he said "I don't know why you would pay extra for an American one" I can see what he's saying. I know that their are a lot of differences including things like the hand carved necks and Plek machine that they use. But I get his point. If the foreign G&L'S are this good. Like I said IMHO better then the American Strats. The American G&L'S must blow away the custom shop Fenders. Or at least give them a run for their money. I'm not bashing Fender. I'm just saying that these are great guitars. Not just for the money. But are great guitars period. Joe Naylor owner of Reverend guitars ( another great brand ) said "it's no longer a question of country of origin. It's a question of Company of origin. I think he hit the nail right on the head. Remember when a car from Japan was a econo/disposable car? Thanks to all the people on this forum that made post that helped me in my decision making.

Re: Hello from Wisconsin

Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:31 am

Sounds like an excellent experience. As for why you would by the american ones? Well let me tell you, I have been sold on them since I touched one. They compete with my carvins for nicely carved necks, fretwork, and comfort. That and you get some options :D (I am a custom order junky, if it isn't what I want dead one, I won't buy it, typically). G&L sits with Carvin for best guitars I've ever played, easily.

I am not sure how things work here, but on certain other forums, if you don't post pictures of your axe, it does not exist. :P

Welcome aboard.

Re: Hello from Wisconsin

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:33 pm

I have to agree with you on the comparison of the Tribute to the USA models as far as quality and playability. I purchased an ASAT Special back in '07 from a store where a lot of seasoned musicians hang out and I was told at the time by the owner and one of the sales staff that it was one of the best guitars they had.

I've owned the guitar for three years and play it along with my Gibson Les Paul Custom, my USA Strat ,Tele and Jazzmaster, and my USA BC Rich Bich. It is every bit as good and any of them, if not a little better .

I recently A&B'd it with a USA ASAT classic and I have to call it a tie.

The only thing I can see that would cause me to purchase a USA G&L would be the neck with in flamed maple, which I don't believe is an option in the Tribute series.