Hello from the G&L Custom Shop!

Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:49 pm

Hello everyone,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to the forum. My name is James, and I'm the current head of the Custom Shop at G&L Guitars.
I started this position on December 1st, and I'm in the process of cleaning up some clutter to get the space more organized so we can make it a bit more functional. I'm planning to be fully operational around or slightly before the NAMM show at the end of January 2024.

For those of you who may be interested, feel free to follow along on my Instagram page, @expert_fretwork, and you'll see me post the occasional story or picture about the process while things come together.

Happy to be here, and looking forward to making some really cool guitars at the Birthplace of Bolt-on.

Re: Hello from the G&L Custom Shop!

Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:48 pm

Hey James! :wave:

Looking forward to seeing all yer new projects and NAMM postings.

If you find any “clutter” you want to get rid of, we’d love to see some for sale with GLDP “friend's and family” pricing. :evilgrin:

Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:39 pm

Welcome to the forum, Exp_Fret. Sounds like a cool job. ;- )

Cheers, Eric

Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:43 pm

Welcome James! nice to have you here.
I had the pleasure of touring the G&L facilities back in 2017 when i was out there visiting a friend.
Best wishes for success in your new position!

Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:32 am

Welcome, James.
One day I hope to tour the facilities and see your 'tidied up' facility.
Current plans are to be in the area the first of November 2024. How does one go about arranging a tour?

Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:05 am

SUaPYG wrote:Welcome, James.
One day I hope to tour the facilities and see your 'tidied up' facility.
Current plans are to be in the area the first of November 2024. How does one go about arranging a tour?

Any tours basically need to be arranged through the owners I believe.
I'll be honest, the factory is pretty disheveled at the moment after needing to consolidate a couple of our old warehouse units down into the rest of the facility a while ago. There's just stuff everywhere, particularly in Custom and Final Assembly.
Even though Custom is really my main responsibility, I'm working on cleaning up the whole place and getting it a bit more organized, preferably before NAMM this year as we'll be having dealers down before the show.

I'd like to think that by November of 2024, this place will be looking a lot more tour-friendly.

Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:23 am

Expert_Fretwork wrote:Hello everyone,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to the forum. My name is James, and I'm the current head of the Custom Shop at G&L Guitars.
I started this position on December 1st, and I'm in the process of cleaning up some clutter to get the space more organized so we can make it a bit more functional. I'm planning to be fully operational around or slightly before the NAMM show at the end of January 2024.

For those of you who may be interested, feel free to follow along on my Instagram page, @expert_fretwork, and you'll see me post the occasional story or picture about the process while things come together.

Happy to be here, and looking forward to making some really cool guitars at the Birthplace of Bolt-on.

Hello James, Welcome to our site! :wave:

Looking forward to seeing more amazing Custom Shop instruments in the near future. :searching:

I will definitely drop by to say hi on my next visit to see Dave M. at the factory, likely around NAMM time.

Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:54 am

Greetings James and welcome to the family!

Very much looking forward to the new creations and your other contributions to the team there in Fullerton.

Best wishes and Happy New Year!

Jack