Hello from Georgia

Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:41 pm

Hello from Georgia!

My name is Tanner Rowan, or rowdyruffboy on most of my handles. Been playing G&L's for 13+ years now and picked my first one up in 2010 when I got a Tribute Asat Special Carved Top. I grabbed a USA Legacy HSS RMC 10 years later in 2020 and it's been my go to for almost all the shows I play (the Tribute was gigged a ton as well). Play guitar in a few bands and live in Atlanta. I've frequented the forum for a bit but only just now added my Legacy to the registry and got fully signed up.

Hope to contribute to some wonderful discussions!

Thanks.

Re: Hello from Georgia

Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:43 pm

Hey Tanner! :greet:

Welcome and ya got some nice G&L guitar choices. Post pics so we can see yer pride snd joy. What kind of music do you play?

Some great folks here, jump in often.

Remember, you can never have too many ASAT’s!

Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:35 pm

sam wrote:Hey Tanner! :greet:

Welcome and ya got some nice G&L guitar choices. Post pics so we can see yer pride snd joy. What kind of music do you play?

Some great folks here, jump in often.

Remember, you can never have too many ASAT’s!

Hey Sam! I currently play in some heavier alt stuff, kinda shoegazy 90's stuff. Lots of punk/hardcore as well though. Currently working on a softer guitar project too.

Here's the Tribute and the Legacy!

ImageIMG_1594 by Tanner Rowan

Image400C3EA1-B0DE-4F28-8197-25BFD25FADA4 by Tanner Rowan

You can probably see I had a big thing for rear mount controls/no pickguard type stuff haha. I've recently come around on it a little bit and picked up a Gibson Marauder this year.

Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:54 pm

rowdyruffboy wrote:Hello from Georgia!

My name is Tanner Rowan, or rowdyruffboy on most of my handles. Been playing G&L's for 13+ years now and picked my first one up in 2010 when I got a Tribute Asat Special Carved Top. I grabbed a USA Legacy HSS RMC 10 years later in 2020 and it's been my go to for almost all the shows I play (the Tribute was gigged a ton as well). Play guitar in a few bands and live in Atlanta. I've frequented the forum for a bit but only just now added my Legacy to the registry and got fully signed up.

Thanks.

Welcome to our site! :wave:

Thanks for adding your Legacy Deluxe to G&L Registry. When you get a chance, do added your Tribute ASAT Special Carved Top, too!

Some notes about your Legacy: It was built in 2008 and this model was called a Legacy Deluxe (production dates were 2001 - June 2015).
It has a Flame Maple cap over the Swamp Ash body. The Legacy HSS RMC came out later in 2016-2022 as standard production model.
As of January 2023, it became a Custom Shop only model.

Reference post in our G&L Knowledgebase forum: Production List of G&L Instruments (USA)
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=42

Hope this helps.

Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:19 pm

Craig wrote:
rowdyruffboy wrote:Hello from Georgia!

Thanks.

Welcome to our site! :wave:

Thanks for adding your Legacy Deluxe to G&L Registry. When you get a chance, do added your Tribute ASAT Special Carved Top, too!

Some notes about your Legacy: It was built in 2008 and this model was called a Legacy Deluxe (production dates were 2001 - June 2015).
It has a Flame Maple cap over the Swamp Ash body. The Legacy HSS RMC came out later in 2016-2022 as standard production model.
As of January 2023, it became a Custom Shop only model.

Reference post in our G&L Knowledgebase forum: Production List of G&L Instruments (USA)
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=42

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much Craig! And truly appreciate the reference! I was never too sure how to delineate the differences between deluxes and the HSS RMC models. Back when I emailed Memo Romero with the serial, they let me know all the specifics that I was then able to input into the registry. I've never had the neck off, so no neck pocket pics or exact dates, but it is truly the best feeling guitar I have ever played. Will certainly get that Tribute input into the registry as well. It's a wonderful 2010 model that sold me on G&L in the first place. If you've seen my post regarding ASAT III's over in marketplace, keep an eye out for me! Been searching diligently.

Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:00 pm

Hey Tanner,

Thanks for posting the pics, those are beauties!

I’m an ASAT guy but yer Legacy is real looker! :elguitar054: