Howdy from Texas

Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:54 am

Howdy y'all! I'm excited to be joining the forum after spending a fair amount of time reading the posts.

I'm newer to the G&L family. In January of 2022, my rep from Sweetwater convinced me to try out an ASAT Bluesboy when I wasn't loving the Tele Deluxe, and I've fallen in love with everything G&L related since.

I have a special affinity for 80s era black on black (black body/matching headstock) basses and guitars (PM me if you have any you want to get rid off :D).

My current collection is as follows (I'm working on adding them all to the registry):

Guitar:
1985 Broadcaster (black with ebony)
1984 Skyhawk (black with matching headstock)

Bass:
1988 L-2000 (black)
1982 SB-1 (turquoise)
1985 El Toro (red with matching headstock)

Excited to be joining you fine folks!

Re: Howdy from Texas

Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:00 pm

Welcome to our site and thanks for registering your current G&L's. You have a great collection and
hope that you will be doing some NGD/NBD posts in the future. We always enjoy seeing any G&L instrument,
so if you get a chance, please post some photos of your G&L guitar and basses. See this tutorial post for info
on posting photos here on our site: Tutorial: Posting photos.
Looking forward to seeing them. :searching:

Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:24 pm

Hey glhunter! :greet:

Welcome and your Sweetwater rep pointed you in the right direction for sure! You will soon find out G&L guitars seem to multiply around the house but you are off to a good start with some oldie but goodies. If you are married or have a significant other at home be sure to give fair warning this is unpreventable! :evilgrin: As you can see, we do a lot of enabling.

Black guitars always sound great. Look forward to seeing pics of yer gitars!

Jump in often and remember, "You can never have too many ASAT'S"!

Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:07 am

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:14 pm

welcome glhunter!
looks like your skyhawk is a sister to mine (body 12/83, neck 1/14/84)

Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:45 am

john o wrote:welcome glhunter!
looks like your skyhawk is a sister to mine (body 12/83, neck 1/14/84)

She's a beauty. They could be twins! Once I get all my gear back from the luthier, I'll share some pics of the collection.