Hello from Maryland

Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:56 pm

Hi, just registered today! I’m in southern Maryland. I have a few Fender and Squier teles, thinking about getting an ASAT. I’ve played a Special with jumbo MFDs and a Nashville style with 3 small MFDs, and liked both. I tinker some with teles. I’m retired, had been in the USAF 22 years and worked another 25 as contractor after that in this area. I’m yegbert also on TDPRI and Squier Talk.

Re: Hello from Maryland

Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:47 am

Welcome!
Stop thinking about getting an ASAT and just do it!
You won't regret it

Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:32 pm

Welcome, yegbert! :wave:

You can't go wrong with an ASAT model and there are many to choose from, see these posts for the USA built models:
List of Regular Production ASAT-style guitars (USA)
List of Special Edition & Non-Production ASAT-style guitars

And for the Tribute Series import line, see:
6/1/2021-present Tribute Series Production Models

Hope this helps.

Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:19 pm

Welcome to the G&L club yegbert :greet:

Ya know there is no better time to get an ASAT than right now! You can’t go wrong with either option you’ve tried. While I have both styles yer looking at I lean to the big MFD’s most of the time. We’ll be looking for pictures and update soon. :evilgrin:

Jump in often, lots of folks here to help lead ya down the G&L yellow brick road.

Thank you for yer service!

Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:38 am

SUaPYG wrote:Welcome!
Stop thinking about getting an ASAT and just do it!
You won't regret it

I have to second this notion.

Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:50 am

My wife bought me a Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy for Christmas, This site is going to take some getting used to. Seems hard to find the place to login. And I’ll post a picture of my guitar if I can find the function for that!

Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:10 am

Yegbert, welcome to the G&L family. Tributes from G&L is a perfectly good instrument to get your feet wet. I have 4 US G&Ls, but the one Tribute Fallout I have is a super fine guitar that I play a lot.

Kit

Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:41 pm

Congrats, Yegbert! You're gonna love that Tribute Bluesboy. I have a simi-hollow and play it a lot.

Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:19 pm

yegbert wrote:My wife bought me a Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy for Christmas, This site is going to take some getting used to. Seems hard to find the place to login. And I’ll post a picture of my guitar if I can find the function for that!

See this post: Welcome! Read This First. It will help you navigate the guitarsbyleo.com site and instructions for posting photos.

Looking forward to seeing your G&L Christmas present from your wife! :searching: