Hi you guys! Quent from UK here. First post here.

Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:37 am

Hi everyone. My first post having collected a few G&L basses in the last 8 years.
I hope you are all OK where ever you are. ( Not a good last few years around the world).
Pick yourself up with your guitars, basses and music !

I have a query about using MFD Humbuckers from an L series ( hotter by 12% I read on here)
onto an M series. I’m buying a pair of L series chrome poled pickups as spares
but it’s my M2000 GTB ( white ) which has a volume problem in that it will not Zero
or turn off completely. I have a Noisegate pedal ( only play at home in older age now
but played 40+ rock covers gigs in local pubs in the 90s here in Suffolk UK ).
So the pedal deals with the issue but I’d like the bass to work properly.
The Pro guitar tech I use checkd it and says the Volume pot was OK, must be a problem
with a pickup, but as it’s a sealed unit he suggested to just use Noisegate pedal.
Couldn’t locate M series pickups ( black poles, 12% underwound relative to L series )
as spares to try but expecting delivery of 2 L series any day.
Has anyone tried an L pickup in an M series bass and if so would it completely overpower
the sound or could I just turn the Vol down or even Blend sensibly if I use one L series at
the bridge and leave an M pickup at the neck position.
I’m going to get my usual tech ( I’m useless ! but can play ) to try it.
He will have his opinion but I thought I’d ask on your special G&L site first.
Thanks for reading. Couldn’t shorten this !
Greetings again from the peaceful County of Suffolk in the UK ! Cheers all. Quent

Re: Hi you guys! Quent from UK here. First post here.

Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:12 am

Welcome to our site! :wave:

G&L does offer the MFD M-Series humbucker pickups (4 and 5 string) on the G&L Online Store.
Here's the link to the 4 string pickups: mfd-4-string-bass-pickup-m-series.
Also, you might check with the UNITED KINGDOM G&L distributors to see if they have/could get them.

In case you want the wiring diagram for the M-2000, here's the link: M-2000 / M-2500 - schematic drawing.

Hope this helps.

Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:53 am

Hi Craig.
This is my third attempt to reply. System won’t let me submit for some reason but maybe you
can see this?
Thank you for your welcome and useful information.
I’ll see how I get on.
Cheers.
Quent

Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:55 am

AHAA! I think my reply finally sent.
This time I didn’t add any Imogies and I Deselected the “Add a signature” option box , not that I selected it to start with.
All good !
Cheers
Quent